You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I think Cohen leaked word to the Trump camp what he's gonna spill about. That's why Guiliani changed the tone.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is pretty big, methinks. It’s not collusion, but definitely obstruction. And Mueller has emails, texts and documents that show exactly what Cohen alleges, they’ve reported.

[/embed]

It's a very big deal, and it's only what we're learning publicly from Cohen right now. Flynn has met with Mueller what? 19 times? Don Junior and Ivanka were also lying their asses off about this.

Even if it's not collusion, which I believe he also did, he clearly was looking out for his own interests, not ours as a country. He's Putin's boy alright, there is no denying that, and he wanted to shape American policy in order to help....himself.

With Mueller having texts, emails and other docs...oh boy.

The floodgates are about to open...

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol, now Guiliani is saying "No collusion between Donald Trump, and Russia"  but claims he never said anything about 'The Campaign' lol. A nod in acknowledgement to collusion!

Collusion it is folks!  Get yer popcorn ready, here comes the finish.

This is really bonkers. Hey, I never said the campaign didn't collude with Russia, get your facts straight MSM!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is pretty big, methinks. It’s not collusion, but definitely obstruction. And Mueller has emails, texts and documents that show exactly what Cohen alleges, they’ve reported.

[/embed]

Wow, that's a crime alright (obstruction), in & of itself. Let alone the 'why' he is asking Cohen to lie (what are they covering up)

And if there are texts, emails etc.. Trump is doomed.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

[/embed]

Wow, that's a crime alright (obstruction), in & of itself. Let alone the 'why' he is asking Cohen to lie (what are they covering up)

And if there are texts, emails etc.. Trump is doomed.

If proof like that exists, there’s no way impeachment won’t happen. The question is, will the GOP senate look facts in the face and ignore it. Wouldn’t they rather have a President Pence anyhow?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^ I heard that during the AG's questioning there was a specific question about 'If a President requested someone to lie to Congress would you prosecute that as obstruction?'  (or something like that) and his answer was 'Yes'.

I'd think it was coincidence as it's a pretty vague question & subject, but wonder if they were tipped off. Also, yeah something big is brewing now as this drops along with Guiliani changed their tune.

I'd tolerate Pence as a Gerald Ford type lame duck President, in a #notmypresident kinda way, as he wasn't "Elected" and only came to power in a terrible, terrible way. However, it's hard for me to believe that the "Trump Campaign" was guilty of collusion, but Pence knew zero about it??  I think that's Step 2 in all this, if Trump goes, how much did Pence know, and when?  (Are there any texts, emails, wiretaps?)

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Per CNN:

Don't take my word for it. Check out this exchange between Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and Attorney General nominee William Barr during his confirmation hearings earlier this week:

Klobuchar: The President persuading a person to commit perjury would be obstruction, is that right?
Barr: Well, yes. Well, any person who persuades another to -- yeah."
Klobuchar: "You also said that a President or any person convincing a witness to change testimony would be obstruction, is that right?
Barr: Yes."

Also:

The Trump response to all of this? To attack Cohen. "If you believe Cohen I can get you a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge," Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told The New York Times' Maggie Haberman on Thursday night after the news broke.

The problem for Giuliani is that the BuzzFeed report doesn't hinge on Cohen. It says that the special counsel unearthed the evidence that Trump had told Cohen to lie through "multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents." Mueller's office only went to Cohen to confirm/admit he actually did it. The special counsel's office didn't get the information from Cohen.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I knew that Mueller was going to take a siesta over the holidays while the new Congress got seated.

So far Pelosi appears to beating trump at his own game.

I hope she does take business class air travel and defies trumps attempt to sabotage her.

Trump has no plan beyond the shutdown. He used all his moves.

There are only two results left. Trump caves and looks weak or trump stands his ground and widles away at his own base. Brilliant strategy by Pelosi.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I saw a report he could re-open gov't and then demand Wall funding be put into an infrastructure bill. Dems could always not put it in, to which Trump vetoes etc, rinse & repeat, but it could temporarily get him out of this mess & place his base's hate back onto Dems. Probably his better option.

The other issue (Cohen), is a whole different mess. Hopefully, he doesn't segue the shutdown into the Cohen hearing & possible following impeachment proceedings, trying to spin it all as a big retaliation 'witch hunt'

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Mueller already covered this one. Gee whiz, ya think Donald lied on this part of the written exam?

Board footer