You are not logged in. Please register or login.

meobeou
 Rep: 0 

Re: Pale Divine

meobeou wrote:

I did some digging and found Fortus' first band and 2 You Tube links.

I was curious to find the roots of Fortus. Where Slash has always been Slash, Fortus' first band was much different. An alternative band. Fortus was a guitar puncher then like he is today. But with a much different look. I didn't recognize him at first. I think that is because his shirt was on, lol
Lee!

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I like Love Spit Love. and I've just found out that Frank was there back then, interesting.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It's strange seeing early90s! Fortus doing jangly indie stuff while dressed like an extra in Friends and thinking "yeah, no way that guy would've been bought in to replace Izzy." Look at him now!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What you learn is Slash is who he is to the bone. Fortus molded his image to suit his current band. Fortus is a great player but that band is pretty terrible.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Slash auditioned for Poison and wanted the gig, so there’s that.

Sky Dog wrote:

The long and short of it is the only person in Axl’s Orchestra that had any real credibility in the music industry was Tommy Stinson. Everyone else was a fly by night, under the radar session player or sideman in a live setting. I don’t care whether you like Tommy or not or what his circumstances were when Axl hired him. He was and is the real deal. tommy

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Tommy and Fortus show up @ 1m55s big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Slash auditioned for Poison and wanted the gig, so there’s that.

Poison blows Pale Divine out of the water. Poison was a good band for what they were.

Sky Dog wrote:

Lol!!!!! Never seen that. Wonder what Westerberg thought about that? Too funny. 16

Board footer