You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Pale Divine

Sky Dog wrote:

Lol!!!!! Never seen that. Wonder what Westerberg thought about it? 16

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Slash auditioned for Poison and wanted the gig, so there’s that.

Poison blows Pale Divine out of the water. Poison was a good band for what they were.

Not arguing who the better band was by any means. Just saying the Slash you know today would not be if he got the gig.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Slash auditioned for Poison and wanted the gig, so there’s that.

Poison blows Pale Divine out of the water. Poison was a good band for what they were.

Not arguing who the better band was by any means. Just saying the Slash you know today would not be if he got the gig.

Slash wore makeup and glam style clothes in 1985 that wasn’t too far removed from the style that Guns had. Poison isn’t exactly a complete left turn as far as comparable styles to GNR.

I wouldn’t recognise Fortus here if I didn’t know it was him.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl went from glam to kilts to jerseys to big hats.

People are free to try different stuff over the years.

Sky Dog wrote:

Don’t forget the cornrows!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Oh yeah. In '02-'07, there was a saying in the band, "get the corn".

If you got the corn, it meant the boss yelled at you 16

EmilyJones
 Rep: 0 

EmilyJones wrote:

one of my favorite song from the Imran Khan Nawaz Sharif album Love Spit Love  is "Wake Up" a must go for all.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It's strange seeing early90s! Fortus doing jangly indie stuff while dressed like an extra in Friends and thinking "yeah, no way that guy would've been bought in to replace Izzy." Look at him now!

Fortus played on All About the Benjamins for Puff Daddy. He’s done a lot of rap session work. So I think that flexibility could be a strength. I mean Slash should cover Benjamins. Fortus also looks like Ron Wood and played in Thin Lizzie. As a studio asset and Izzy body double it’s hard to find a better fit.

Board footer