You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Richard: 'Get An Album Out Soon'

apex-twin wrote:

Axl needs to say yes. Then, plans come alive.

I actually think Ax would like to have an album out. Only it has to go through customs in his own mind.

Every Guns album has brought up new approaches. I think one of his goals is to expand the bands musical horizons on each release.

So even a confident Ax may be tardy, because then he goes out to listen to todays music to predict the next big thing, which he'll marry with the Guns sound.  wink

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

Doubt it....same old same old....cracks me up that people really believed that Slash and Duff would wave their magic wand and ‘poof’ Axl would decide to release new music. Too funny. Absolutely no change on that front. axl

This idea that Axl doesn't want to release new material is a fallacy. Chinese Democracy was delayed largely by record company execs and managers who either didn't believe the material was strong enough, or who were stalling in the hope that Axl would cave to pressure and reunite the old band.

It's been all but confirmed that Axl wanted to release a second album from the Chinese Democracy sessions in advance of the NITL regrouping, to "put the capstone" on that era of the band. Again, it was nixed by record company execs. On this occasion, because it was very obvious that Axl was getting back together with Slash and Duff, and it would be ridiculous to release an album with a defunct version of the band just as the iconic line-up got back together. It'd be a PR nightmare, it'd muddy the waters as casual fans bought the new GN'R album expecting to hear Slash. So, they hold off because it makes more sense to get an album with the NITL line-up out there.

That NITL line-up album then holds off on recording because, as I've said innumerable times before, the tour sells itself; they don't need to release an album until they need a PR push for another leg of the tour. We've now reached that point, and – surprise surprise – the band is planning to get together and record. I think it'll happen pretty quickly, now. Probably a 2020 release date.

Sky Dog wrote:

Hope you are right....in the meantime I’ll pin my hopes to a new Tool album this summer. 9

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Hope you are right....in the meantime I’ll pin my hopes to a new Tool album this summer. 9

damn. it's an eternity since 10,000 Days were released. I think they can never fill up all the expectations anyway.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

looks like fortus will be on the next appetite for distortion podcast. maybe we'll get another morsel or two.

awesome milestone for the team behind that podcast.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Slash confirms new music “in the works.” http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash- … nion-tour/

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'll believe it when it actually happens. Hope for the best, but not expecting anything.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'll believe it when it actually happens. Hope for the best, but not expecting anything.

I'm cautiously optimistic. As I said upthread, Axl's clearly got an appetite to release new music, but he was stymied by record company disinterest in the Chinese Democracy-era band. Now he's back together with Slash and Duff, that obstacle is removed. We know there's plenty of material on Axl's side; all they need to do with Atlas Shrugged et al is have Slash and Duff lay down guitar and bass tracks on essentially finished tracks.

The big question for me is, will they creatively click in the studio as far as new material goes? We know they have very different approaches to working; Axl likes to collect riff ideas and hack together songs in the wee hours of the morning, whereas Slash's approach is much more organic from what I understand. Will that reignite the old tensions? Maybe, but they're very different people now – and there's a hunger to get an album out there from both the band – who want to cement their legacy – and the suits (who want that big GN'R reunion album payday).

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Compare Snakepit mk 1 with the Constipators.

Back then, setting up a sideproject caused a rift in Guns.

Today, Slash has  an established band on his own. Axl owns Guns. No conflict in that.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I think we should understad "soon" under a different timescale. you mean, like... the dinosaurs are extinct for a long time, but wool mammoths were still here really not a long time ago.
under the same timescale, the Earth will get destroyed when the Sun goes into the red giant phase in some 4 billion years or so, but compared to that, the GNR album will probably be out "soon".
probably.

Board footer