You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Podcasts

PaSnow wrote:

Does anyone here listen to podcasts alot, or follow any?

I keep hearing about it, and would like to check a few out, but not sure what. Not really looking for rock unless theres any great ones you'd rec. Just want casual/easy listening & to be entertained.  Mostly tho, where do you search for & find any?  Is there like a directory site of them, or just referrals & friends etc.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The ongoing history of new music by alan cross is fun...its part doc, part music, and its topic by artist

https://edge.ca/show/the-ongoing-history-of-new-music/

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Me and my friends do a podcast every once in awhile! wink

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks Neemo, I listened to the Bush/Gavin Rossdale. It was good, never a huge fan of his but it stood out as interesting & he seemed pretty down to earth. To his credit he never seemed to struggle with not being any more than he really is (a guy who put out a decent album or so, with some hits). I'll have to check out more, but just not sure how/when to fit them into my schedule (Fri, Sat nights,  or at the gym etc). I suppose I DL them from Google Play or Pandora has a podcasts section now.

Me_Wise, it's ok, kinda hate too much of the joking around/inside jokes part. Gets offsubject & just sounds like a coupla college buds shooting the sh!t. Might have got better by the 3rd one, just try your best to eliminate that imho, be a bit more on script/professional. IMHO at least, keep it up tho if thats what your into.

On In Five
 Rep: 0 

On In Five wrote:

Hello! My name is Anton, and I run a podcast called On In Five. We take a look at the history and the career of famous bands across all genres and decades. We focused on Guns N Roses for our first series. We talked about them for 6 hours over 3 episodes. We cover their career in great depth. We read 3 different books about the band to try and get the most broad story we could, and to talk about any inconsistencies we found. You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and anywhere else you listen to podcasts! We hope you enjoy what we made! And if you want to follow us on social media to keep up to date with what we're doing, you can do that on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

And PS. We are hard on Axl, but just during his most dramatic times.

BlueJeanBaby
 Rep: 1 

BlueJeanBaby wrote:

I will check it out.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Dean Delray has a great rock podcast he’s had tons of people on. It’s called Let There Be Talk. It’s like the CNN of rock.

iTunes has a Podcast app that you can browse or use Stitcher.com

Joe Rogan has a big podcast, it’s probably the biggest one. He has everyone from Mel Gibson to Elon Musk.

There’s so many though just search by your interests.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:

NPR has a lot of their shows available as podcasts. I'm a fan of a lot of those (Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Ask Me Another, Impeachment, A Way With Words, Throughline, You're Saying It Wrong, and especially The Moth).

Board footer