You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So, basically, we are at the same stalemate with North Korea that we always have been. Except now, we sit at the table and legitimize them. North Korea gets far more out of this than the U.S. And now, other countries will think they can pursue a nuclear program and we'll look the other way.

If that's what's really going on with this summit, then it's just another Trump photo op.

Why does NK get to have nuclear technology but Iran doesn’t? There’s no rhyme or reason to this.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

also.... ive been reading and hearing a lot about how the federal government changed everyone’s withholding at the beginning of the year to create the illusion that you were actually getting a bigger check every two weeks...

Are you freaking kidding me? This whole agenda is a trick. How can the government change your withholding for you without your consent?

If you don’t see this as a dishonest trick then you really have no compuss.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So, basically, we are at the same stalemate with North Korea that we always have been. Except now, we sit at the table and legitimize them. North Korea gets far more out of this than the U.S. And now, other countries will think they can pursue a nuclear program and we'll look the other way.

If that's what's really going on with this summit, then it's just another Trump photo op.

Why does NK get to have nuclear technology but Iran doesn’t? There’s no rhyme or reason to this.

Simple. Putins aligned with NK & feeding them the ICBM's to give it the impression they are a 1st rate nation. He wants US to open up trade with them and get cheap labor out of them to pump up a "Russia > US > NK New World Order"

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Simple. Putins aligned with NK & feeding them the ICBM's to give it the impression they are a 1st rate nation. He wants US to open up trade with them and get cheap labor out of them to pump up a "Russia > US > NK New World Order"

It makes sense...more sense than anything else.

I think there’s a big difference between NK and China....both in physical size and and population.

I just don’t see any benefit to the way Trump is playing favorites. I see personal benefit for Trump and his buddies. I don’t see how it benefits this country.

I also wasn’t around when things opened up with China but i don’t recall them being hostile the way that Kim Jong And NK has been.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Seriously, what’s the alternative?  Military action?  You want to nuke NK?  Engage China?

Do you care that KJU is a horrible dictator?  If Kim quits launching missiles, and we have a plan to monitor the prohibition of nukes, isn’t that ideal?

If having a conversation ends the Korean War and opens up the door to NK opening up like China was in the 70s, why is this bad?

What’s the alternative. I’m asking?  Obama didn’t “legitimize” him and the end result was a nuclear NK with ICBMs. Great statesmanship.

I have no idea what will happen. I’m not praising Abe for nominating Trump for the Nobel. I’m just saying how is our current relationship with NK objectively better today than at anytime since 1950?

I'm not sure our relationship is objectively better. Should it be?

It sure looked like sanctions and isolation were working. North Korea was desperate. The country is starving. The missile launches were to get the world to stand up and take notice. Nobody did until Trump. I could be wrong and this will all work out in the end. But it seems Trump fell for it.

Basically, Trump scraps a nuclear deal with Iran that also appeared to be working. He sure looks like he's willing to make a worse deal with North Korea.

There is no plan to monitor their arsenal. They aren't going to allow that, it appears. Recent signs suggest they could be continuing the nuke program.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Seriously, what’s the alternative?  Military action?  You want to nuke NK?  Engage China?

Do you care that KJU is a horrible dictator?  If Kim quits launching missiles, and we have a plan to monitor the prohibition of nukes, isn’t that ideal?

If having a conversation ends the Korean War and opens up the door to NK opening up like China was in the 70s, why is this bad?

What’s the alternative. I’m asking?  Obama didn’t “legitimize” him and the end result was a nuclear NK with ICBMs. Great statesmanship.

I have no idea what will happen. I’m not praising Abe for nominating Trump for the Nobel. I’m just saying how is our current relationship with NK objectively better today than at anytime since 1950?

I'm not sure our relationship is objectively better. Should it be?

It sure looked like sanctions and isolation were working. North Korea was desperate. The country is starving. The missile launches were to get the world to stand up and take notice. Nobody did until Trump. I could be wrong and this will all work out in the end. But it seems Trump fell for it.

Basically, Trump scraps a nuclear deal with Iran that also appeared to be working. He sure looks like he's willing to make a worse deal with North Korea.

There is no plan to monitor their arsenal. They aren't going to allow that, it appears. Recent signs suggest they could be continuing the nuke program.

This is a great question. RF has not offered any tangible evidence. But he does have a long track record of loving bluster and brazen behavior. I believe that's what he's pointing to, unfortunately. He sees weakening alliances with old allies as some sort of sign of strength, I guess.

He really has offered no evidence of the claim. Thus, it makes it his opinion which somehow outweighs everyone else's opinion here.

As has been made most obvious by his recent posts, he's just as emotional as anyone when it comes to this stuff. What RF likes and what many Trump supporters likes is the whole "bull in a China shop" approach. The whole, let's just break everything and figure it out later strategy. Trump's tantrums are a manifestation of RF's individual feelings.

But temper tantrums aren't a good way to govern or form policy. And to date, there is no evidence of better standing or improved relations with anyone.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Lol trump walking out of peace talks with NK...how does this look good on him? He’s incompetent.

Hilarious timing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lol trump walking out of peace talks with NK...how does this look good on him? He’s incompetent.

Hilarious timing.

Ummm, he has gotten support from Pelosi, Coons, and Chuck Shumer for not taking a bad deal.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Hilarious timing.

Ummm, he has gotten support from Pelosi, Coons, and Chuck Shumer for not taking a bad deal.

Great....he didn’t take a bad deal.

We’re exactly where we always were and all this praise for his handling of NK is inappropriate.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We get it mitch...he's an idiot when he does the wrong thing and an idiot when he does the right thing.  You've been parroting this for almost 3 years now. 

We all acknowledge that there's absolutely nothing he can do short of dying that will make you happy.   I've just saved you from having to post in this thread until the next election.  Use that time to learn something about politics instead of repeating what you hear from your liberal sources as fact.

Board footer