You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Richard: 'Get An Album Out Soon'

PaSnow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The cynical part of me is thinking, "It's the same old puppy-like optimism of Axl's band members trotting out the usual quotes, but it's refreshing to hear it from Slash and Duff instead of DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot."

The optimistic part is thinking, "Well, at least a reunited Axl, Duff and Slash coming off the back of one of the biggest tours of all time will have a bit more clout and ability to get it past the record company suits than Axl And His Funny Friends circa 2010."

Heck, albums are just an excuse to go on tour these days for the bigger acts. Would think the record company is very much in favor of releasing something. Gives them a valid excuse to go on another big tour with large audiences, even if the setlist is 80-90% classic material. Merch sales and whatnot are a lot more lucrative than record sales at this point.

Really, they should take a leaf out of Ariana Grande's book and just release music in an ad hoc way instead of carefully structured album releases. The music industry's moved on:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … xt-763458/

" If I want to tour two albums at once, I’m going to tour two albums at once. If I want to drop a third album while I’m on tour [in 2019], I’ll do that too!”

lol, if Axl wants to release 1 album in 26 years, he'll do that too!

j/k, cool article & insights. I wasn't aware the 'young kids' just put songs out & bypassed the 'Album Release Date' scheduling mantra.

Sky Dog wrote:

Hey Jude was originally just released as a single...not an album track...same with Jumpin Jack Flash and Honky Tonk Women to name just a few

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

More about a new album in a new interview with the German site ZEIT ONLINE.
Page 3: https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2019-0 … -interview

ZEIT ONLINE: Until mid-August you're still on tour with Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators. What plans do you have for the time afterwards?

Slash: When I get home, I'm going to sit down with the Guns N 'Roses guys and we're going to focus on a new album together.

ZEIT ONLINE: You have not worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved really wants to make this album.
We talked about it, and Axl already has a lot of stuff he's produced on his own. I think we're in great shape to get started.

Sky Dog wrote:

Classic....”no”. Too funny. 21duff axl three years in to the big reunion, not one note of new Gnr music from the three of them. Not During This Calendar year! 2020 here we come. cool

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

What Axl should do is: create an account in gnrevolution and post a wetransfer link with the material it has produced.
I am wrong???//////

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Classic....”no”. Too funny. 21duff axl three years in to the big reunion, not one note of new Gnr music from the three of them. Not During This Calendar year! 2020 here we come. cool

Jeez, im as big a skeptic as they come, but that quote from Slash was just deflating. Its like, whats the point anymore?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Slash is really channeling DJ Ashba.

ZEIT ONLINE: Until mid-August you're still on tour with Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators. What plans do you have for the time afterwards?

Slash: When I get home, I'm going to sit down with the Guns N 'Roses guys and we're going to focus on a new album together.

Ashba: Well, we hope so. That’s our main focus.

ZEIT ONLINE: You have not worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved really wants to make this album.
We talked about it, and...

Ashba: And there’s been more and more talk about getting in there before the end of the year, which I’m really excited about.

Slash: Axl already has a lot of stuff he's produced on his own. I think we're in great shape to get started.

Ashba: Axl, of course, has, I believe, two complete albums worth of songs already recorded.

Do they actually get canned answers in Axlspeak?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

Richard and Dizzy also keep talking the same way since, like, 2004 or something. it's ridiculous smile

Sky Dog wrote:

And don’t forget Tommy with his Duff like optimism. I literally laugh when people think things will change on the new music front because Slash and Duff will hold some kind of magic power over Axl. It is just fanboy bullshit. Nothing has changed other than the size of their collective 401k’s and retirement plans. axl

Sky Dog wrote:

And great post Apex! 21 dj

Board footer