You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You know, it is possible that he didn't collude.  It seems that some of you are so deep that you've made conclusions based on what your media has told you instead of waiting for the facts and when reports of what the facts are, you are already making excuses as to why the facts must be wrong.

Well, in fairness:

Flynn - Guilty
Manafort -Guilty
Roger Stone - Def Guilty
Sessions - Later conceded he met with Russians

and Trump himself did state "Russia if you're listening, 'I hope you find those emails'"

There's alot more, but that's the foundation.

Trumps also an absolute flipping moron. Claiming the GOP will introduce new healthcare plan, when they don't have one. He now says he'll 'Announce it AFTER the election'.  And Randomly threatens to close the border, when car makers are vitally dependant on Mexico for auto parts.

You really need to turn the channel from CNN occasionally. This post is embarrassingly inaccurate and misleading. I genuinely don’t believe you’re interested in being informed or verifying the accuracy of any of this. Someone said something you want to be true, so you intentionally avoid being educated on this. Ignorance truly is bliss.

And you need to turn off tucker...

You spread misinformation on this thread on a regular basis.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

And now for some real news.

A Centrist poll conducted by the economist shows trump with a 43% approval rating with 54% disapproving.

Netting a -11%.

Along with a slew of data showing Trumps base is old republican men.

These are the same people who’ve systematically made it harder for others to vote since 2010.

4 years isn’t a ton of time...but are Trumps supporters dying off? Could enough of them be too old or sick to vote that it could tip the scales in Pennsylvania or Michigan?

Evangelicals have a low ceiling but they’re maximizing it to near 100 percent efficiency. But the margin of error is super thin.

This still looks very winnable for anyone opposing Trump.

Should be interesting too because this will be the last election dictated by the 2010 census.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

How long do republicans/Trump get to block a document that is alleged to have proof of their innocence?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It's going to backfire. Big-Time on Barr. He'll likely be questioned as to why he hid certain material. The whole things a clusterf#ck. They're already saying the Grand Jury Testimony from the Nixon files was released so there isn't a "law" that it needs to be redacted, the precedence is there to release it.

Secondly, Trump will claim 'Executive Privelege' in secrecy but there isn't a case for that when whats being covered up IS the crime. Attorneys who worked on it are already questioning Barr's PR stunt, and with that many people who worked on it, someone will dump it to the press sooner or later. Also I heard many attorneys who worked on it gave their own 'summaries' which it was provided to Barr to release, and he released NONE of them.

Oh, and last week Trump 180d on Healthcare, this week he 180d on shutting down the border.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So the "Barr Report" has exonerated Trump in the eyes of his followers and defenders. Yet at the same time, Barr is doing everything he possibly can to stop Congress from seeing it. Gee golly, why is that?

There's also a reason Barr wrote a second memo walking back his first summary. He's trying to cover his ass.

But they did exactly what they needed to do: Get out in front of it, start the propaganda machine and then paint everybody as "angry democrats" once Congress starts going through all of this investigation. They'll have weeks of claiming Trump's innocence, before anybody gets a chance to take in the (redacted) report.

What a group of straight up criminals. The Mueller report, when released will do anything but exonerate this traitor. Barr's walking on the razors edge with this too IMO. Not too bright.

I'll never understand why these people throw themselves on the sword for Trump. One after the other. But here we are. This is a national crisis IMO.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I'll never understand why these people throw themselves on the sword for Trump. One after the other. But here we are. This is a national crisis IMO.

I don't get it either. I mean, I get those who initially signed up, Kelly, Mattis, Sessions etc... Thinking 'Hey, a GOP President. Let's hop onboard'. But the people leaving every 12 months is telling. I'm surprised Barr didn't speak with Kelly or Tillerson and ask whats it like in the WH. It's my belief they would've definitely told him "Stay Away!".

Unless he's some anti Dem, fight to death for the GOP type. Doesn't seem it so much, I would picture a Newt Gingrich or Karl Rove more along those lines, but who knows. Maybe some higher ups persuaded him to join & end this as best he can.

I agree he's walking on thin ice. At what point could HE be considered obstructing, if indeed there's some serious items being covered up. He'll also have to watch it with his redactions. I think he's beginning to know it'll leak one way or the other. And probably fairly soon. If not thru the courts, someone has it. And it'll get to the press via 'Deepthroat'.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Assange? Wikileaks? Never heard of 'em.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Curious about this. The timing and current climate in the US today. Are they making an example of him for his involvement in affecting the 2016 election, or are they trying to get him to sing.

I realize it's about the 2010 leaks, but again the fact it happens in 2019.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't get it either. I mean, I get those who initially signed up, Kelly, Mattis, Sessions etc... Thinking 'Hey, a GOP President. Let's hop onboard'. But the people leaving every 12 months is telling. I'm surprised Barr didn't speak with Kelly or Tillerson and ask whats it like in the WH. It's my belief they would've definitely told him "Stay Away!".

I think the fact that Barr won't release the report AND wants people investigated for the the report in first place, tells us all we need to know about Barr. He's all in on Trump.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

News never stops rolling in:

Board footer