You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, AOC would be an interesting one to trace income & earnings while in office.

As for Trump, I think every President since Nixon released theres, so the precedent has been set. In fact I may be wrong on this but it mightve started with Carter with ppl upset over his peanut farms or something, so he released them to show what he had assets in.

Yeah, Ive heard 2 things on Trump, he's not as rich as he portrays him. Being more of a RE broker who pools money together from the wealthy (ie. Wealthy Russians) to invest in property. So Trump Tower could have 100 owners in a REIT, and he's 5% owner. The name has value, like Hilton, plus he's sortof the salesman, and gets a commission so to speak.

The other thing, that Hillary referenced in the debates, is that Trump pays $0 in taxes. This I actually believe to be true, one way or the other. But she theorized an obscure bankruptcy law where ones writeoff or something, can be written off over 20 years. So lets say he filed for 1 billion, can spread that off over 20 years. That, plus buying jets, burning jet fuel. Having a business lunch in Paris, Melania flying to Moscow to discuss Miss Universe etc. And any final monies owed just donate to the Trump Foundation.

I dont find it hard to believe, at all, he pays $0. I am unsure if his base still wouldve voted for him had they known this. Although, Hillary herself told them this but it fell on deaf ears so yeah they probably would have.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is winning so much it is crazy. How about this Avennati clown. A star to MSNBC and CNN this clown has totally imploded. Hahaha, Teflon Don cannot be taken down.

Avennati isn't much different than Trump is.

And if you think Trump is "winning" then you must have a low bar(r)

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I heard some interesting theories lately that trump doesn’t want to solve the immigration issues because he needs that to rally his rabid base. Everything he’s doing is designed to inflame the situation every now and again to keep his voters charged.

What is the point of this presidency? Someone please tell me. Other than the tax cuts, what has been accomplished? The tariffs are a miserable failure. Couldn’t repeal Obamacare. What festering pile of feces this man is....

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I heard some interesting theories lately that trump doesn’t want to solve the immigration issues because he needs that to rally his rabid base. Everything he’s doing is designed to inflame the situation every now and again to keep his voters charged.

Oh I think that's totally what it is. Same thing as the Muslim ban crisis where he implemented it overnight. TF?  Couldn't wait a week or 30 days for vacationers. Same thing with Mexico. When the Barr summary came out he was 'Going to fix healthcare'  then when Repubs told him they won't/can't he came back to this Mexico crisis.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Super Bowl/Game 7 Thursday!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Super Bowl/Game 7 Thursday!

Will this be the redacted copy?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah.  VERY interesting theory:

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Could be open to numerous statements, sorta like "We did conclude people surrounding the Trump campaign {Stone} were in contact with Russians ALTHOUGH the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah.  VERY interesting theory:

[/embed]

Who is Elie Honig?  I ask for reasons that have nothing to do with this tweet...I used to play fantasy baseball with a guy with that name and I think he was in law school at the time.

At the end of the day, the rest of it really doesn't matter.  If in 2 years they couldn't conclusively link the campaign to Russia despite all the supposed evidence and plea deals, they have nothing.  If they thought they might get something, they'd keep going.  At some point you just have to accept Trump is either way smarter than any of you want to give him credit for because he's managed to cover his tracks better than anyone in the history of the world or he actually didn't do anything.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Who is Elie Honig?  I ask for reasons that have nothing to do with this tweet...I used to play fantasy baseball with a guy with that name and I think he was in law school at the time.

No idea of him personally, there was an article that stated Kelly Conways husband reference/retweeted the tweet. So I thought Id just post the original tweeter.

Unique name, esp for 2 of them to goto law school. This guys bio seems to state he was there around 97-2000ish  https://www.lowenstein.com/people/attorneys/elie-honig

Board footer