You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah.  VERY interesting theory:

[/embed]

Who is Elie Honig?  I ask for reasons that have nothing to do with this tweet...I used to play fantasy baseball with a guy with that name and I think he was in law school at the time.

At the end of the day, the rest of it really doesn't matter.  If in 2 years they couldn't conclusively link the campaign to Russia despite all the supposed evidence and plea deals, they have nothing.  If they thought they might get something, they'd keep going.  At some point you just have to accept Trump is either way smarter than any of you want to give him credit for because he's managed to cover his tracks better than anyone in the history of the world or he actually didn't do anything.

I really have no idea how you could possibly know this...

Do you have an insider on Muellers team or inside the justice department?

I’m reading that up to 70 percent of this report is being redacted. What a fucking joke.

This isn’t about whether or not Yrumps shady...it’s about how long people will accept his abuse of power.

You seem to be more than willing to accept abuse of power.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Someone brought up a good point. Barr is scum. He chose to dump it before a 3 day holiday weekend (ie. Friday News Dump). Its been what, 6 weeks since the summary & this just happens to be the day he picks?! If Mitch is right and it has 70% redactions one of the attorneys who worked on the investigation is gonna drop it & give it to the media Deepthroat style.

He's totally in cahoots with Trump on this. Hopefully Kelly or Tillerson gave him some advice but doesnt seem like it. He's going down with the ship.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah.  VERY interesting theory:

[/embed]

Who is Elie Honig?  I ask for reasons that have nothing to do with this tweet...I used to play fantasy baseball with a guy with that name and I think he was in law school at the time.

At the end of the day, the rest of it really doesn't matter.  If in 2 years they couldn't conclusively link the campaign to Russia despite all the supposed evidence and plea deals, they have nothing.  If they thought they might get something, they'd keep going.  At some point you just have to accept Trump is either way smarter than any of you want to give him credit for because he's managed to cover his tracks better than anyone in the history of the world or he actually didn't do anything.

I’m reading that up to 70 percent of this report is being redacted. What a fucking joke.

This isn’t about whether or not Yrumps shady...it’s about how long people will accept his abuse of power.

Who needs an in?  Do you think Mueller is just going to stay quiet if what's published is completely the opposite of what he found?  It's going to leak, so hiding facts hoping it doesn't is pretty dumb, though certainly possible.  His abuse of power as you call it is no different than Obama spying on trump.  That's what the people in power do...they abuse it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No idea of him personally, there was an article that stated Kelly Conways husband reference/retweeted the tweet. So I thought Id just post the original tweeter.

Unique name, esp for 2 of them to goto law school. This guys bio seems to state he was there around 97-2000ish  https://www.lowenstein.com/people/attorneys/elie-honig

Time frame seems about right...I bet I know the guy, or at least knew him.  Small world.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No idea of him personally, there was an article that stated Kelly Conways husband reference/retweeted the tweet. So I thought Id just post the original tweeter.

Unique name, esp for 2 of them to goto law school. This guys bio seems to state he was there around 97-2000ish  https://www.lowenstein.com/people/attorneys/elie-honig

Time frame seems about right...I bet I know the guy, or at least knew him.  Small world.

That's crazy man, wow, yeah, small world.  So you played Fantasy Baseball and he was in your league or something?  Yeah, that's wild, that'd be like James Lofton quitting the GnR boards 15 years ago, but then a 'James Lofton' of California appears back into your life in some way.  (or a Randall Flagg haha)

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That's crazy man, wow, yeah, small world.  So you played Fantasy Baseball and he was in your league or something?  Yeah, that's wild, that'd be like James Lofton quitting the GnR boards 15 years ago, but then a 'James Lofton' of California appears back into your life in some way.  (or a Randall Flagg haha)

It was a baseball simulation game that I was really into at one point.  Sort of like fantasy baseball in that it used weekly stats, but then you'd play actual games against the other teams head to head.  Like any simulation, it has it's flaws, but I played it a LOT when I was younger and stopped when I got married in the early 2000s.  At one point I think I was playing 8 or so leagues and it was really expensive given my income at that point in my life for something that had no monetary awards for winning.

I don't remember much about the guy other than he was in law school and he was extremely sharp.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It was a baseball simulation game that I was really into at one point.  Sort of like fantasy baseball in that it used weekly stats, but then you'd play actual games against the other teams head to head.  Like any simulation, it has it's flaws, but I played it a LOT when I was younger and stopped when I got married in the early 2000s.  At one point I think I was playing 8 or so leagues and it was really expensive given my income at that point in my life for something that had no monetary awards for winning.

I don't remember much about the guy other than he was in law school and he was extremely sharp.

Well, Bless your wife, for marrying a broke nerd who plays simulation baseball online with other nerds!  You married up. 16

j/k man, funny story. Yeah, I'd guess it's him.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

[/embed]

Who needs an in?  Do you think Mueller is just going to stay quiet if what's published is completely the opposite of what he found?  It's going to leak, so hiding facts hoping it doesn't is pretty dumb, though certainly possible.  His abuse of power as you call it is no different than Obama spying on trump.  That's what the people in power do...they abuse it.

Your expectations and logic don’t add up. And there’s far less proof of Obama spying on Trump than there is for anything trump is accused of...

It’s hard not to believe this country isnt a total farce when justice is such a game. And how can so many people see Trump asking Russia for assistance in plain sight and shrug about it. Then double down on it and actually support Russia over our own fellow citizens.

Meanwhile we’re all distracted and literally nothing has been accomplished but tax cuts that are grossly unpopular.

You know....when Nixon was being investigated it took years before the details came out. It seems like you would have been in the camp that defended Nixon until the bitter end because you didn’t know half of what you thought you knew.

See...if you hadn’t made up your mind about this all years ago, your opinion might hold some water. If you had even waited until Thursday when this ridiculous redacted report comes out to draw that conclusion. But you didn’t.

You made this decision before you knew anything...and despite chaos ensuing as a result of one trump action after another....you continue to be ambivalent. You’re not appalled. You’re not outraged, you’re not even annoyed. You’re indifferent and smug about it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Your expectations and logic don’t add up. And there’s far less proof of Obama spying on Trump than there is for anything trump is accused of...

It’s hard not to believe this country isnt a total farce when justice is such a game. And how can so many people see Trump asking Russia for assistance in plain sight and shrug about it. Then double down on it and actually support Russia over our own fellow citizens.

Meanwhile we’re all distracted and literally nothing has been accomplished but tax cuts that are grossly unpopular.

You know....when Nixon was being investigated it took years before the details came out. It seems like you would have been in the camp that defended Nixon until the bitter end because you didn’t know half of what you thought you knew.

See...if you hadn’t made up your mind about this all years ago, your opinion might hold some water. If you had even waited until Thursday when this ridiculous redacted report comes out to draw that conclusion. But you didn’t.

You made this decision before you knew anything...and despite chaos ensuing as a result of one trump action after another....you continue to be ambivalent. You’re not appalled. You’re not outraged, you’re not even annoyed. You’re indifferent and smug about it.

Oh, they add up...you just don't want to see it.  Bullshit has been going on for years by both parties and people like you have completely ignored it when their party did it and bitched like a motherfucker when it was the other party.  I've given up on people like you.  You can get presented with all the facts in the world and you will continue to ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative.  Until people like you wake up, there's nothing else for me to do. 

I've been appalled.  I've been outraged.  I've been annoyed.  It didn't make a difference just like you doing all of that isn't making a difference.  So now I sit back here and wait for the lightbulb to go on in your head and hope to God it happens while I am still alive.  You can call it smug; I prefer to think of it as not expecting much from people like you.  I can see where you would think of that as smug I guess.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Oh, they add up...you just don't want to see it.  Bullshit has been going on for years by both parties and people like you have completely ignored it when their party did it and bitched like a motherfucker when it was the other party.  I've given up on people like you.  You can get presented with all the facts in the world and you will continue to ignore anything that doesn't fit your narrative.  Until people like you wake up, there's nothing else for me to do. 

I've been appalled.  I've been outraged.  I've been annoyed.  It didn't make a difference just like you doing all of that isn't making a difference.  So now I sit back here and wait for the lightbulb to go on in your head and hope to God it happens while I am still alive.  You can call it smug; I prefer to think of it as not expecting much from people like you.  I can see where you would think of that as smug I guess.

You want to blame the political parties for that?

Try blaming the shit people.

I am NOT anti-republican, but i sure as fuck am anti-trump. I acknowledge that there are times for more government and less government. There is never a time for Trump.

Board footer