You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the reason this is a problem, and by problem I mean a problem for you and not a problem for me.  For months if not years I have been telling you nothing is going to come of this.  We know Trump is a sleazeball.  We know he fired people and others quit.  A lot of them.  We know a bunch of people got questioned and indicted on a bunch of different things not related to what the whole point of the investigation was supposed to be.  All of that is bad and reflects poorly on Trump and the US.  I don't think anyone here has denied any of that.

What's bad is for years you've been promising something was going to happen.  It didn't.  For years you've been promising collusion proof.  There is none.  For years you said this was all worth it.  It wasn't.  It told us stuff we already knew for the most part and the things we didn't know don't really matter.  None of this accomplished anything, yet you guys still sit here today thinking there's more to come.  There isn't.  If there was, Mueller would have had a press conference or something would have leaked.  You got the gist of it and it's nothing that you thought it was going to be.  Maybe there's a detail here and there yet to be released, but it wouldn't change the overall context that Trump is sleazy and everyone knew it already.  He didn't get elected because he's pure at heart.  He didn't get elected to set a positive example.  He got elected because he wasn't Hillary, and that alone was good enough for a lot of people, including many Democrats that didn't bother to show up after she stole the nomination from their golden boy Bernie.  One voting base rallied and the other didn't.  That's it.  To this day, it doesn't seem that you even understand that much less why those things happened...and all that does is increase the odds of Trump winning again.  You better hope the economy tanks hard because if it doesn't, I'm not sure things are looking any better for the near future...especially if creepy Joe is the knight on the white horse.

The problem for you is that there was never any amount of evidence that would convince you. To say there’s no evidence is quite a leap.

You'll never know because there's nothing there.  ANY amount of evidence MIGHT have convinced me, but we got nothing.  Is there ANYTHING that you know now that you didn't know before the report was released?  Anything?  Shit leaks faster than a baby's diaper these days.  If there was anything of substance, you'd know it already.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the reason this is a problem, and by problem I mean a problem for you and not a problem for me.  For months if not years I have been telling you nothing is going to come of this.  We know Trump is a sleazeball.  We know he fired people and others quit.  A lot of them.  We know a bunch of people got questioned and indicted on a bunch of different things not related to what the whole point of the investigation was supposed to be.  All of that is bad and reflects poorly on Trump and the US.  I don't think anyone here has denied any of that.

What's bad is for years you've been promising something was going to happen.  It didn't.  For years you've been promising collusion proof.  There is none.  For years you said this was all worth it.  It wasn't.  It told us stuff we already knew for the most part and the things we didn't know don't really matter.  None of this accomplished anything, yet you guys still sit here today thinking there's more to come.  There isn't.  If there was, Mueller would have had a press conference or something would have leaked.  You got the gist of it and it's nothing that you thought it was going to be.  Maybe there's a detail here and there yet to be released, but it wouldn't change the overall context that Trump is sleazy and everyone knew it already.  He didn't get elected because he's pure at heart.  He didn't get elected to set a positive example.  He got elected because he wasn't Hillary, and that alone was good enough for a lot of people, including many Democrats that didn't bother to show up after she stole the nomination from their golden boy Bernie.  One voting base rallied and the other didn't.  That's it.  To this day, it doesn't seem that you even understand that much less why those things happened...and all that does is increase the odds of Trump winning again.  You better hope the economy tanks hard because if it doesn't, I'm not sure things are looking any better for the near future...especially if creepy Joe is the knight on the white horse.

The problem for you is that there was never any amount of evidence that would convince you. To say there’s no evidence is quite a leap.

You'll never know because there's nothing there.  ANY amount of evidence MIGHT have convinced me, but we got nothing.  Is there ANYTHING that you know now that you didn't know before the report was released?  Anything?  Shit leaks faster than a baby's diaper these days.  If there was anything of substance, you'd know it already.

The investigation thoroughly established members of Trumps campaign in close contact with Russia.

The report itself said that it established that Russia believed that a trump presidency would be beneficial to them and they worked actively to make that happen. They worked to help Trump and succeeded in doing so.

So yea...you’re right....there’s nothing there....?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

William Barr sounds like trumps lawyer not an AG.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm glad you're stepping up & admitting Republicans will have no problem voting for someone who has lied to the American public on numerous occasions, as well as our judicial system.  That's very brave of you to step up & admit this, you're a good man.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

William Barr sounds like trumps lawyer not an AG.

He gave that press conference strictly for Fox News to grab sound bites from. Hannity radio played the entire thing to start his show off. Fox News only showed news clips of that, not investigating or reading snippets of the document. It was a total farce & setup. Plus the 3 day weekend news dump. Totally partisan move.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm glad you're stepping up & admitting Republicans will have no problem voting for someone who has lied to the American public on numerous occasions, as well as our judicial system.  That's very brave of you to step up & admit this, you're a good man.

That’s a good point actually...they’re basically saying they’re willing to look past all of it...

It will forever astound me that you could see what was released yesterday and come to the conclusion that the whole thing was a farce.

Now president bitch boi is hiding away at mar-a-lago tweeting threats to the people who investigated him and vowing revenge.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s a good point actually...they’re basically saying they’re willing to look past all of it...

Also, cursing profusely in public. When did that become a thing in our society's generally accepted standards. When W ran it was all about 'Family Values'.  2 Presidents later, mehhh who cares about that stuff. We Gotta Win!!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The investigation thoroughly established members of Trumps campaign in close contact with Russia.

The report itself said that it established that Russia believed that a trump presidency would be beneficial to them and they worked actively to make that happen. They worked to help Trump and succeeded in doing so.

So yea...you’re right....there’s nothing there....?

Close enough to pay an operative for information on another political candidate?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You voted for Clinton, so you're equally good using your logic.  Well done I guess?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You guys can't play holier than thou on this one.  Clinton is in bed with the Russians too.  Just because she lost, now it's a problem?

Board footer