You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It was so good. I dig all of these reunions and discussions and stuff. We have to spend a little extra time with these characters now to make their death sting just that much more.

Not everyone has to the ability to realize they are watching a masterpiece of brilliant art in cinematic history. You, myself, and Flagg are blessed with this gift. Last night was incredible.

I haven't been this "all in" on a series since Breaking Bad, and I know people have mixed feelings about that series, but I thought it was one of the best things ever put on film.

It’s good. I liked Sopranos better.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Just caught up on ep 2.

Loved it, I think ep 3 could be unreal.

Got a feeling Dany may betray Jon though and kill him at the end of the battle.

Struggling to call who’ll die, Brienne I think and Jorah will get killed.

I’d have said Jaime and Tyrion as well but I think at least one of them will live as Bronn now has a mission to kill them.

The Hound should live as we need Hound v Mountain but maybe it’ll be White walker Hound v Zombie Mountain?

Arya is an interesting one, feels her story arc deserves more than being killed by a white walker somehow?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Just caught up on ep 2.

Loved it, I think ep 3 could be unreal.

Got a feeling Dany may betray Jon though and kill him at the end of the battle.

Struggling to call who’ll die, Brienne I think and Jorah will get killed.

I’d have said Jaime and Tyrion as well but I think at least one of them will live as Bronn now has a mission to kill them.

The Hound should live as we need Hound v Mountain but maybe it’ll be White walker Hound v Zombie Mountain?

Arya is an interesting one, feels her story arc deserves more than being killed by a white walker somehow?

Greyworm is toast. Brienne was knighted, so she'll die. I think Theon is gone. Jorah, out. A bunch of old guys. I can't keep them straight. Of the Starks and Lannisters, it's hard to say. I'd guess Jamie and Cersei, of course, but maybe that's it.

I can't wait to see zombie Ned.

Where did the red witch go? I lost track.

johndivney wrote:

I think its the old switcheroo ^ Brienne is safe and its Jaime that dies. Greyworm lives but the hollyoaks girl dies.
Jorah and Theon are done for tho theon is iron born and whats dead may never die so he might be resurrected as good zombie guy..??

Think Starks survive. Most secondary characters are done for. Sadly Varys has been relegated to nothing player in the gameof thrones so his time is up.
No idea whats going to happen with crypts hope its not lame, might just be escape route. Hope gold company doesnt show up. Expect livingto be winning then gc show up swing battle in dead favour, living retreat until next week. Hope for proper cullof characters and something shocking, doubt it tho.

johndivney wrote:

So im going to be up watching this if anyones about n wants to live blog their reactions on here kinda like super bowl.
I hope its worth it but have nagging feeling it might not be & theyll leave us on a godforsaken cliffhanger.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I absolutely hated it. Even when I felt the story had become absurd, I recognized the gorgeous cinematography of events like the battle of the bastard or Dany rescuing them north of the wall.

But this had neither. The story was shit. Jon and Dany contributed nothing to the story. The Prince That Was Promised? Azor Ahai? Beric was brought back 6 times for?

The night king solely wants to kill Bran. Has won the battle, and could send a horde of wights to do the deed. Yet he comes out in the open, and gloats. That’s the Night King? That’s been the secret evil for 8 seasons?

2 people that mattered at all, died. 2. Two characters we had any real connection with died, and the rest of the cast lives on. It’s fucking sad when Marvel has more compelling writing than an HBO show adopted from this generations Tolkien.

But yea, I feel really let down that they made no attempt to payoff the prophecies and the whole backstory of the white walkers.

johndivney wrote:

Well that was entirely inkeeping with th show post-grrm. Brilliant and dumb, great action idiotic dialogue. 8 years buildimg up NK as big bad guy only to have him defeated at his first proper battle, by the best hero.

Next 3 episodes are goimg to be tiresome.

Great episode tho. Coulda easily worked as a film on big screen and been better than that marvel shite youre all so keen on for some inexplicable reason.
Red woman was bit deus ex machina even if what she contributed amounted to pointlessly little amd surely arya couldve come to her realisation without her..??

Coulda done with more deaths too. Only house Mormont if im correct?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Totally with you guys. After all the hype, a letdown. Taking into account everything you guys point out, this was at least supposed to be the greatest battle ever put on film, topping Helms Deep. It didn’t come close. There were better battles in Saving Private Ryan. Really dropped the ball.

johndivney wrote:

I actually really enjoyed it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I loved it. Red Witch saves the day. The key line is when she tells Arya, “and blue eyes” then Arya leaves her and the Hound on her mission.

Jon Snow was a disappointment, he really didn’t do anything.

Bran have Arya that dagger last season. He knew what would happen the hole time.

Theon fought his ass off. Probably killed 100 men alone.

Board footer