You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Avengers: End Game *Spoilers*

Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw it last night. Loved most of it. I won’t discuss if you guys think it is too soon.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'll never see it, so go ahead.  Might make some heads explode though.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Seeing it tomorrow. Use the spoiler tag

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Hidden Text:

I loved most of the movie. It was well thought out and certainly not rushed. The theater was packed to the gills. A lot of cheering and laughing. A couple moments turned me off. They made Bruce Banner gay. Despite previous films where he had a love interest. Was forced and not needed. They had the contrived girl power moment, again, didn’t add to the film, not needed. Captain Marvel sucks. What a waste. I got misty eyed when Tony meets his father Howard Stark, when Spider-Man Hugs Tony, and when Iron Man says “I am.....Iron Man” and snaps his fingers. So BADASS! Overall it is great, but some gripes with some forced PC BULLSHIT. 

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Hidden Text:
Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I teared up at least 3 different times. Holy fuck was this an amazing movie.  Awesome experience.

Hidden Text:

but I can’t get over iron man dying. Took me by complete surprise. I expected Cap to use time travel to end up with Peggy, but Tony going. Wow. Very well done, Marvel. It’ll be a long time before anything gets in the cultural zeitgeist like this again

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Can I ask a general question about all this Marvel Universe?

I'd heard its been 10 years in the making, and began with 2008s Iron Man. While no one likely could've foreseen this much success over it, I mean, was this all kinda the plan from the outset?  Like, did the movie studios kinda project 'Ok we'll make Iron Man & Captain America, {maybe some others} and The Avengers" over the next decade. Then when they got massive success out of it, they trickled it down onto lesser known comics as well like Guardians of the Galaxy & Aquaman. OR, was it just winging it, lets make Iron Man. Wow, that blew up. Lets make a sequel. Wow, that blew up again. Lets make Captain America etc....

Also, didn't Avengers:Infinity Wars just come out last year?  Had to be difficult to shoot/release these movies back to back, and End Wars is 3 hours, right?  This isn't like splitting a 3 hour movie to 2 90 minute flicks like the final Harry Potter etc right?

Lastly, and this is general so not asking for or hoping for spoilers, but is it over?  As in, did they complete all the Iron Man & Captain America and Thor & Avenger movies? I'm sure they'll sequel some for financial reasons like Black Panther & Captain Marvel, but are some done?  And do you think they'll give them a reboot in time like Christain Bales Batman vs Tim Burtons or like Spiderman did?

Just wondering. Not a huge fan but liked some of them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

First few paragraphs actually answered some of my questions lol:  https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultu … ket-newtab

Board footer