You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
esoterica wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I loved tonight’s episode. incredibly well-written.

Is this a joke?

I laughed out loud at this

Yeah, the episodes have been a slog to get through for me.  In between the bad writing and the extended run times,  it's a chore to get through most of this season.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
esoterica wrote:

Is this a joke?

I laughed out loud at this

Yeah, the episodes have been a slog to get through for me.  In between the bad writing and the extended run times,  it's a chore to get through most of this season.

I don’t know, I thought it was pretty well done. Maybe my standards are low? Did you all think it was bad?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've learned over the years to enjoy things for what they are instead of picking them apart piece by piece. It's good entertainment if you don't overanalyze it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I’ve really enjoyed this season.

I look back on season 5 and 6 and I think there is a sense that a lot of it was circling around and treading water hoping GRRM would finish the next book. I think once the reality set in that he wouldn’t and they would have to finish the show without further source material season 7 and 8 have been better for it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

A lot of folks in happy with last night.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Fantastic episode. I liked it better than the Wite Walker battle episode!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

This show has completely subverted my expectations. I understand why Dany did what she did, and I’m sure that’s what happens in the books. I just think they did a terrible job of getting us/her to this point.

GoT was the greatest show ever. Now it’s just a great show that stumbled its last couple of seasons. Still better than 99% of the material out there, but what could have been .....

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This show has completely subverted my expectations. I understand why Dany did what she did, and I’m sure that’s what happens in the books. I just think they did a terrible job of getting us/her to this point.

GoT was the greatest show ever. Now it’s just a great show that stumbled its last couple of seasons. Still better than 99% of the material out there, but what could have been .....

Pretty spot on as to how I would sum it up.  sad

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The writers seem a little lost but it may age well over time. Fantastic visually, but Cersei dying from rubble was lame.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

There is so much to wrap up in one episode. Over all it is still good but could have been better. Much like the he Avengers.

Board footer