You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

Neemo wrote:

One of my biggest problems is exactly that smoking....they have 6 episodes this season and they pissed away 3 on fluff and bullshit

In sesson 8 there shouldnt need to be much character development left...ya know?

Last season was the same...do the important shit forget all this other crap...

Dany all of a sudden turns into a lunatic tyrant? And Jon and Tyrion dont care? And don't see it coming? Tyrion confides one of the most important secret in westeros to the one man he KNOWS that he cant trust? C'mon man...

If Cersei and Jamie are dead then its a copout...if they live it's bullshit ... what about cersei's prophecy?

How did Arya not burn?l since there is considerable damage around her?

Why did it take Jon so long...as a brilliant strategest...to figure out shit was going wrong?

All that being said a rampaging dragon and the Clegane battle were pretty fucking cool

Greyworm, Dany and the Dragon will undoubtably be offed in the finale ... maybe Tyrion as well

Sansa will be ruler of the seven kingdoms

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

One of my biggest problems is exactly that smoking....they have 6 episodes this season and they pissed away 3 on fluff and bullshit

In sesson 8 there shouldnt need to be much character development left...ya know?

Last season was the same...do the important shit forget all this other crap...

Dany all of a sudden turns into a lunatic tyrant? And Jon and Tyrion dont care? And don't see it coming? Tyrion confides one of the most important secret in westeros to the one man he KNOWS that he cant trust? C'mon man...

If Cersei and Jamie are dead then its a copout...if they live it's bullshit ... what about cersei's prophecy?

How did Arya not burn?l since there is considerable damage around her?

Why did it take Jon so long...as a brilliant strategest...to figure out shit was going wrong?

All that being said a rampaging dragon and the Clegane battle were pretty fucking cool

Greyworm, Dany and the Dragon will undoubtably be offed in the finale ... maybe Tyrion as well

Yes, Sansa has been my dark horse for a while.

johndivney wrote:

As someone who has been saying how shit this show has been simce season 5 let me take some solace in saying:

I told you so.

Shitting the bed doesnt come close to the fucking hatchet job theyve presented & concluded. All the goodwill and mystery created by that awesome pilot and opening season & source material totally betrayed by charlatans. The Star Wars fanbase wont let this happen to their franchise.
Another sad thing is how all aspects of the production have been peerless & flawless. Great credit to the actors delovering the dogs dinner from the writers.
What a waste. From what raised the bar on tv to what lowered it. Some great work in the finale but there was such a needless rush to get there.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If only.
Given the shitshow it turned into i was hoping the stark sisters would unite behind Bran & be the puppet masters. At least she told Tully to stfu & stfd.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea...utter shite

The standout moments...

Hidden Text:

actually giving jon the balls to kill dany and tyrion tossing the hand of the king badge down the steps..they shouldve ended the show when Drogon took her body away

The rest was crap...

Hidden Text:

- Tyrion is a prisoner and ends up influencing all the house leaders into choosing a king anyway? (I didnt even know who 3 or 4 of those people were supposed to be. )
- The kings council scene was stupid.
- wtf was the ending where was jon going? Is he a wildling now? Were they off on a ranging expedition?  But with children?
- Why on earth did arya go sailing/exploring where did that shit come from?

Anyway..i had LOW expectations for the finale...and i was STILL disappointed...fuck HBO

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I liked it. Still unsure about the Bran thing, but Dany got what she deserved and Jon finally got to be free.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was a horrible ending. Show fell from top 5 due to that shit ending.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Arya is Chris Columbus now. Lol

They fucked Jon hard

Sansa that selfish bitch wanting independence, FROM HER FUCKING BROTHER!?!

I am so rustled by this finale.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Never found out what Bran was doing during the battle with the NK.

Never found the real back story if the NK.

Lord of Light? Meant nothing.

Jon’s lineage? Nothing

So disgusted

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I enjoyed it. I think in this "fanboy" era, people are so quick to look for something to complain about in their entertainment that they're sucking the joy out of it for themselves. If you get so invested in something, whether it's a movie or book or tv series, that you can't enjoy it anymore because of the grievances you have with the creator's visions, that's on you.

Could some of GoT been better this season? Maybe. I couldn't do better, personally.

Were some questions left unanswered? Yes. Maybe that's by design. Spinoffs, prequels, sequels all might need some mystery to remain.

Board footer