You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

misterID wrote:

Aaron Rodgers:

Rodgers added that Bran, who was named the ruler of the Six Kingdoms on the finale episode, was not as innocent as he made it seem. “Here’s the thing, though … if Bran, the Three-Eyed Raven who’s, you know, all about the health of the realm, let’s think about what he did,” the NFL star noted. “He basically wanted the throne the whole time because he’s the one who told the Starks, knowing that Sansa would tell Tyrion, knowing that Tyrion would talk to Varys, knowing they’d scheme for Dany’s death, knowing that that would piss her off, which led her to be the Mad Queen. So he, this entire time, kinda set this whole thing up. And at the end he goes, ‘Well, yeah. I don’t want to be king. But why did I travel all this way to be here?’ No.”

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Aaron Rodgers:

Rodgers added that Bran, who was named the ruler of the Six Kingdoms on the finale episode, was not as innocent as he made it seem. “Here’s the thing, though … if Bran, the Three-Eyed Raven who’s, you know, all about the health of the realm, let’s think about what he did,” the NFL star noted. “He basically wanted the throne the whole time because he’s the one who told the Starks, knowing that Sansa would tell Tyrion, knowing that Tyrion would talk to Varys, knowing they’d scheme for Dany’s death, knowing that that would piss her off, which led her to be the Mad Queen. So he, this entire time, kinda set this whole thing up. And at the end he goes, ‘Well, yeah. I don’t want to be king. But why did I travel all this way to be here?’ No.”

Aaron is correct. What an absolute disaster

misterID

misterID wrote:

I totally believe the end of ASOIAF will end with Jon killing Dany and then going off beyond the wall.

Getting ready to start on the books soon.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Reading book one now and already like it better. I will say they did a good job with the first episode of the series in the adaption, but I would guess Martin was heavily involved in the writing.

Tyrion should not have been introduced in the brothel, imo. I like his interaction with Ghost and Jon better.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Reading book one now and already like it better. I will say they did a good job with the first episode of the series in the adaption, but I would guess Martin was heavily involved in the writing.

Tyrion should not have been introduced in the brothel, imo. I like his interaction with Ghost and Jon better.

Doesn’t he enter the great hall doing cartwheels?

My least favorite change from book to show this early was the show having Ned want to go to King’s landing and Cat asking him to stay. Her desire for power and Ned’s status at hand added layers of complexity the show didn’t capture.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He walked into the hall next to Jamie. He dropped off a window sill outside in the snow.

Agreed with Cat. I wasn't expecting that. She's far more shrewd here. Worrying about Jon making a claim also.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

He walked into the hall next to Jamie. He dropped off a window sill outside in the snow.

Agreed with Cat. I wasn't expecting that. She's far more shrewd here. Worrying about Jon making a claim also.

Her concerns about Jon manifest all throughout the story. One of the threads I’m excited to see play out when Martin finally puts out TWOW.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm just past Arya's first chapter now. Love the description of Tommen sword fighting Bran.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I’m on book 2. It’s a very slow buildup to where it is going, I assume, based on the series.

Somehow, the battles in book 1 were more exciting to read than watch.

Board footer