You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2019?

Sky Dog wrote:

Good point....Axl has tons of lyrics and melodies already in place....orchestration...full recorded songs for God’s sake! The band can pick and choose....add and delete...anything they want or don’t want. Of course, we will get nothing but some more solo records in between cash grab tours and never ending dangling of the “new” music carrot by whatever unfortunate soul happens to be playing guitar that day. Meh. I’ve got better things to do. 4

Will new music be released in 2019?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 0%
Yes, Q3 33%
Yes, Q4 8%
Not in this decade 25%
Not in this lifetime 33%
Total votes: 24
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

At least Slash is on the record now saying that is happen. Unlike Duff who dances.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Of course, we will get nothing but some more solo records in between cash grab tours and never ending dangling of the “new” music carrot by whatever unfortunate soul happens to be playing guitar that day. Meh. I’ve got better things to do. 4

Me too smile

Seriously, if they "start again" in around Oct/Nov, I'd expect an album to show up in a year from now, at the earliest. That way, it'd be there for a summer tour. But second-guessing Ax's timekeeping has consistently proven futile. No point in waiting, if it happens it happens. Then we can give it the time of day.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Of course, we will get nothing but some more solo records in between cash grab tours and never ending dangling of the “new” music carrot by whatever unfortunate soul happens to be playing guitar that day. Meh. I’ve got better things to do. 4

Me too smile

Seriously, if they "start again" in around Oct/Nov, I'd expect an album to show up in a year from now, at the earliest. That way, it'd be there for a summer tour. But second-guessing Ax's timekeeping has consistently proven futile. No point in waiting, if it happens it happens. Then we can give it the time of day.

The thing is, he can spend 13 years slogging away on a GN'R album (which, to be fair, wasn't entirely his fault) and then turn around and rattle out some vocals for a Sebastian Bach album or a Looney Tunes cartoon, with no prior warning. So who knows?

I think it'd be absolutely hilarious if they just popped into a studio and rattled through the recording in a couple of weeks.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

i think they were in the studio to demo out some vault, or even brand new original songs, and practice them to be played on the short tour. i just have a feeling we will hear something new, maybe even a single or two while they work on more for an album and new tour

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Dadud wrote:

i think they were in the studio to demo out some vault, or even brand new original songs, and practice them to be played on the short tour. i just have a feeling we will hear something new, maybe even a single or two while they work on more for an album and new tour

Jeez, can you imagine the reaction from the crowd if Axl says, "This is a new song..."

Sky Dog wrote:

Festival crowd....they will go get a beer!.....sorry Ax lol

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Jeez, can you imagine the reaction from the crowd if Axl says, "This is a new song..."

Collective fainting.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

The thing is, he can spend 13 years slogging away on a GN'R album (which, to be fair, wasn't entirely his fault) and then turn around and rattle out some vocals for a Sebastian Bach album or a Looney Tunes cartoon, with no prior warning. So who knows?

Which is the other half of  why I find guessing futile.

While by now (presumably) medicated to temper his mood swings, Ax remains an emotional guy. Slash and Duff should curb his insecurities re: reception of a new Guns product. Do not underestimate the fear factor there; the CD release was botched in so many ways and Axl took a lot of flak over it. There were rumors he fell into a heavy depression in 2009, which should come as a surprise to no-one. He's in a far better place now, which makes a subsequent album a lot more plausible.

That, and Brian being back in AC/DC tongue

Sky Dog wrote:

Or maybe he saw that Tool is playing 2 new songs on their current tour (still without a new album) and figured he wanted to join the club! axl 16

Board footer