You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Prolly wont go very far, but cool to see 2 people step up and put themselves out there at a time like this.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Even better, my guess is Cruz's team &/or Repubs have been monitoring AOCs twitter like a hawk. Waiting to call her on something and use it to push forward, knowing DC veteran Dems wont want to support her on it.

Nice pivot, well played.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump deserves a LOT of legit criticism, but the chicken little stuff is annoying.

That’s all they have because their policy proposals are trash and straight from the minds of a college student. I’m sure Mitch will prove me wrong an attempt to explain why free healthcare and college are plausible ideas.

K

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Barr is such a tool. When is he going to stop being the presidents attorney?

I do not believe it was possible to come to any legal conclusions about the report in less than 48 hours unless his stance and statements were previously prepared.

Now he says he didn’t agree with the report or it’s concl but two months ago the report totally exonerated.

What a sycophant.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Trump only cares about rules when they benefit him. Same with the constitution. Which is something he refers to only when it benefits him.

I wish everyone could pick and choose when the rules matter.

This is every president ever.

The thing that REALLY bugs me about Trump and the media are the constant accusations of him being a dictator and of destroying democracy. I have no idea what rights he's taken away from anyone including the press or how he's tried to destroy the constitution.

So far the democrats are calling for:

1. Abolishing the senate.
2. Stacking the supreme court with liberal judges.
3. Rewriting, or ditching the constitution.
4. Eliminating the electoral college.
5. Creating a wealth tax to punish people specifically for their income.
6. Eliminating private healthcare putting everything in government control.
7. Eliminating the fossil fuel industry.
8. Harris has said she will use executive power to force companies to pay everyone equally.
9. Harris has said she would use executive power to rewrite the law and the second amendment.
10. Harris has said she will write executive orders to weaken state authority and power.
11. Not to mention the growing Dem attack on free speech and the brainwashing on college campuses.
12. Let's throw in the Taliban like attempt at destroying monuments and erasing our founding fathers, because history hurts feelings.

That sounds like tyrannical dictator, not a guy who lies all the time (like every other politician ever) and is a dick in public instead of privately. If they got their way do you seriously think Dems won't start attacking the free press when shit goes south? Attacking Fox news is already signaling where they're headed.

Holy shit, look at these truth bombs being dropped by ID!!

Oh come on, these are basic fallacious arguments which are easily debunked.

What, what does that even mean?  Also, its mitch mcconnell who's been envoking the nuclear option to put bills & SC thru at 51 votes. But if you can tell me which candidate stated they wish to "abolish the senate" please do.

See above. Plus McConnell refused to even hold a vote in 2016, now he's gone on record admitting he would hold a vote in 2020 if needed. That said, our SC policy has become too partisan.

Lol, with a President who's constantly shit on the Freedom Of The Press.

The votes need to be reallocated. States like Mt, ND, SD etc receiving 3 votes automatically gives people there elevated status, RI etc too. Just realign where the votes come from, or add more to states who've seen their population grow the last few decades. I think it hadn't happened since 1876 where the EC winner did not win the popular vote.  It happened twice since 2000. Also, per Wikipedia we used to add ECs every 4-8 years. We've been at 538 since 1964.

Jeff Bezos, a (likely) liberal, reportedly pays $0 in takes. Same with Amazon. I have no problem adjusting tax laws to prevent that. And I have no problem creating a wealth tax for estates over $10 million dollars and closing loopholes to shelter that inheritance from taxes. Lemme know if you're fine with Jared & Ivanka paying $0 in inheritance & taxes.

I'm not sure Medicare For All is the right answer, I've repeatedly said I do believe there should be a catastrophy plan in place, that people pay into. And keep pre-existing conditions laws in place. If you're FOR getting rid of the ACA you are FOR allowing healthcare companies to say 'No' to potential customers.

It's just capitalism, survival of the fittest. I have no problem looking to the future & investing in it. I'd rather invest in Elon Musk type ventures than a coal mine which'll file for bankruptcy in 5 years & shut down once the mine is dry.

8. Harris has said she will use executive power to force companies to pay everyone equally.
I haven't heard that, other than generic 'Equal Pay' gap type speak. I'll admit that often times to me comes off as just talk to get the base & female votes energized. I highly doubt the female in the cubicle next to me is ever 'intentionally' paid less. (Aside from less experience or accepted an offer with less pay, highed at a bad time for the company etc)

9. Harris has said she would use executive power to rewrite the law and the second amendment.
Didn't the bump stock ban ultimately go thru?  That's only a result of some democrats & leftists fighting hard to push it thru via not giving up on it. Bump stocks are absurd & the corrupt Russian $$ fed NRA was trying hard to be against it until losing out on public perception.

10. Harris has said she will write executive orders to weaken state authority and power.
Again, with what?  Abortion?  I don't know. As a former prosecutor she might have some insight into what should & shouldn't be state control (look at Alabama hypothetically forcing a teenage rape victim to go thru full term with pregnancy. What if its by an illegal immigrant, does she still need to carry it to term?  Seems so)

11. Not to mention the growing Dem attack on free speech and the brainwashing on college campuses.
How about Trumps 2 1/2 year attack on the press??  Trying to eliminate CNN & put their entire staff out of work. And refusing to have the USS McCain in sight while he gives a speech.

12. Let's throw in the Taliban like attempt at destroying monuments and erasing our founding fathers, because history hurts feelings.
Robert E Lee & Jefferson Davis were not USA leaders. In fact they declared war against the US. We won that war, remember?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Oh come on, these are basic fallacious arguments which are easily debunked.

What, what does that even mean?  Also, its mitch mcconnell who's been envoking the nuclear option to put bills & SC thru at 51 votes. But if you can tell me which candidate stated they wish to "abolish the senate" please do.

See above. Plus McConnell refused to even hold a vote in 2016, now he's gone on record admitting he would hold a vote in 2020 if needed. That said, our SC policy has become too partisan.

Lol, with a President who's constantly shit on the Freedom Of The Press.

The votes need to be reallocated. States like Mt, ND, SD etc receiving 3 votes automatically gives people there elevated status, RI etc too. Just realign where the votes come from, or add more to states who've seen their population grow the last few decades. I think it hadn't happened since 1876 where the EC winner did not win the popular vote.  It happened twice since 2000. Also, per Wikipedia we used to add ECs every 4-8 years. We've been at 538 since 1964.

Jeff Bezos, a (likely) liberal, reportedly pays $0 in takes. Same with Amazon. I have no problem adjusting tax laws to prevent that. And I have no problem creating a wealth tax for estates over $10 million dollars and closing loopholes to shelter that inheritance from taxes. Lemme know if you're fine with Jared & Ivanka paying $0 in inheritance & taxes.

I'm not sure Medicare For All is the right answer, I've repeatedly said I do believe there should be a catastrophy plan in place, that people pay into. And keep pre-existing conditions laws in place. If you're FOR getting rid of the ACA you are FOR allowing healthcare companies to say 'No' to potential customers.

It's just capitalism, survival of the fittest. I have no problem looking to the future & investing in it. I'd rather invest in Elon Musk type ventures than a coal mine which'll file for bankruptcy in 5 years & shut down once the mine is dry.

I haven't heard that, other than generic 'Equal Pay' gap type speak. I'll admit that often times to me comes off as just talk to get the base & female votes energized. I highly doubt the female in the cubicle next to me is ever 'intentionally' paid less. (Aside from less experience or accepted an offer with less pay, highed at a bad time for the company etc)

Didn't the bump stock ban ultimately go thru?  That's only a result of some democrats & leftists fighting hard to push it thru via not giving up on it. Bump stocks are absurd & the corrupt Russian $$ fed NRA was trying hard to be against it until losing out on public perception.

Again, with what?  Abortion?  I don't know. As a former prosecutor she might have some insight into what should & shouldn't be state control (look at Alabama hypothetically forcing a teenage rape victim to go thru full term with pregnancy. What if its by an illegal immigrant, does she still need to carry it to term?  Seems so)

How about Trumps 2 1/2 year attack on the press??  Trying to eliminate CNN & put their entire staff out of work. And refusing to have the USS McCain in sight while he gives a speech.

Robert E Lee & Jefferson Davis were not USA leaders. In fact they declared war against the US. We won that war, remember?

*sips water, taps microphone*

1. John Dingell: the Senate should be abolished - Vox

The Case for Abolishing the Senate | GQ

McConnell is literally using the Democrats rules, THEY implemented, against them. He told them when they did it what he was going to do and they'd regret it. Basically, Dems can't win red/purple districts so they want to change the rules so only THEY have power.

2. See above.

3. How did he shit on the freedom of the press? Please show me one article he prevented from being published or a reporter thrown in jail. Do we want to talk about the shitty things the media has done during his term?

4. We live in a republic, the state's have an equal voice no matter what, hence The United STATES of America. It worked great for Obama. Win those states. Easy.

5. I don't give a shit about Ivanka, I have a big problem with the government targeting citizens. Besos should pay an internet sales tax. Nike should have their loopholes ripped away by putting money over seas. There's a lot to do in fixing taxes, but not taking half of someone's income who makes over 10 million. That's for a myriad of reasons; it would cripple innovation and investors (making them more risk adverse). Who'd want to make a certain amount of money if the government is only going to take it away? Why would you stay here? Plus, it doesn't work. Look what happened in France. A wealth tax sounded really good until they did it.

6. No, I'm for repealing it for a better system. You can pass a law banning discrimination of pre-existing conditions. I'd love to have a Medishield type of supplement that paid all emergency room visits, x-rays and tests, including negotiated drug prices and services, including negotiated debt payments. That could work.

7. Wind turbines are a con job, they are totally unreliable and useless. They exist because of the money government pays out for them. Solar has been around for over fifty years and THEY STILL can't produce enough energy to have any real effect. Solar plants would have to be bigger than a city, which would devastate our environment, killing bugs, birds and bats (they already do). Right now they're only capable of producing 15% of the energy we need to function. The ONLY clean energy that can produce the energy we need is nuclear. The future is co2 storage, IMO. And we're a lot closer to doing that than ripping apart our energy industry for a pie in the sky hope.

8. Yes, she SAID she would use executive power to force companies to pay the way the government sees fit, which is a big clusterfuck in the making. No one is calling her a dictator.

9. Well, that's the point. They did it legally, not from an attempted executive order to dictate the law and not tell states what to do.

10. See above.

11. Again, what the hell has he done to CNN? The only reason they have any ratings is because of him. You do realize they HAVE created fake stories about him and had to fire journalists, right. I didn't see any outrage when the Obama administration targeted a Fox News reporter, put him under surveillance and tried to ruin him. See #3.

12. First, under the law, Confederate soldiers are recognized as AMERICAN VETERANS. The statues are also covered under historic protections. They have been illegally torn down. If we want to put them in historic context, remove Davis, let's talk. Second, we're talking about our founding fathers. They are trying remove Jefferson from the university he founded and his statue removed from the garden he personally designed. They're also targeting Washington. They're talking about removing monuments, renaming buildings, streets and events. Also removing them from our currency. Mayor Pete agreed with this.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Its clear, sucks Mueller chose to speak cryptic, the Trumptards wont be able to comprehend advanced English to put 2 & 2 togethet but they support this bonehead so we really shouldnt be surprised?

Why cant a sitting President be charged with a crime? (Specifically. If you say its in the Constitution please copy and paste the text)

and secondly, shouldnt we the people be up for an amendment to enable them to going forward.

Let's see. All those closest to Trump were indicted with multiple charges.

A sitting president apparently can't be indicted, according to Mueller and the DOJ. The won't even bring it up for discussion, because he says it's not constitutional. OK.

Mueller also won't clear Trump of not breaking the law.

Not a difficult equation. Trump clearly has broken the law, Mueller can't indict him and he's passed his findings onto Congress who should start impeachment proceedings for obstruction of justice. The report says Trump obstructed justice approximately a dozen times. We're up to 1000 former federal prosecutors who are saying this is clear as day and Congress should act.

MAGA idiots have a tough time processing this, but it's pretty straight forward.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Barr is such a tool. When is he going to stop being the presidents attorney?

I do not believe it was possible to come to any legal conclusions about the report in less than 48 hours unless his stance and statements were previously prepared.

Now he says he didn’t agree with the report or it’s concl but two months ago the report totally exonerated.

What a sycophant.

Barr should be impeached as well.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Then he failed on all counts. He recommended the Congress take care of it, but there was nothing to go on. You can't impeach someone based on "maybe he" or "he probably" so he's not helping the people who actually *want* to impeach him.

There is a 400 page report to "go on" which provides ample evidence that Trump obstructed justice multiple times. Not sure what you're talking about?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe someone can point me to the obstruction?

Good to see you, SLC.

Board footer