You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

misterID wrote:

Littlefinger is so good here. I hate to say it, but Ned was a terrible hand of the king. Robert was reckless, sending the kingdom into debt, but damn, if there wasn't peace and he knew how to keep it by placating the houses. Littlefingers speech about Ned wearing his honor like armor, now it doesn't protect him but only weighs him down was brilliant. Politics is not for the noble.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Little finger's demise in the show will be different in the books I think...in the books he is becoming quite powerful in book 5....this was never portrayed the same in the show

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Neemo wrote:

Little finger's demise in the show will be different in the books I think...in the books he is becoming quite powerful in book 5....this was never portrayed the same in the show

Yep, the show portrayed him as a snake that everyone knew was a snake.  It didn't make any sense.  Book Littlefinger is much more cunning, and realizes how being perceived a likable and non-threatening is much more suited to his goals.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am still so disgusted by the final episode.

misterID

misterID wrote:

One thing I never bought in the show was how much Dany loved Drogo. She was gifted to him as a child sex object and, you know, he was a rapist and brutal murderer. At least in the book she is very very very aware of how much she needs him to survive, even referring to him as her shield and being his wife keeps her safe. And it's much more believable with her being in love as a fourteen year old girl who truly doesn't understand her situation.

The book could be called Bad Decisions. Good lord, Ned, Cat and Dany make bad decision after bad decision.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just finished book one. Awesome. Better than I thought it would be. Like the show, I still think Dany had the weakest storyline, but still good. Did she use blood magic hatching the eggs? That's what I was getting.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Never thought it that way... but yea maybe

The dragons are gifted with the wit/cunning of drogo with the vitality of her unborn child?

Interesting concept...

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Just finished book one. Awesome. Better than I thought it would be. Like the show, I still think Dany had the weakest storyline, but still good. Did she use blood magic hatching the eggs? That's what I was getting.

That’s the million dollar question forum fans have been asking for years. Did Dany even do anything, or was it all Miri Maz Dhur?  Was it intentional or a fluke?  No one knows how to hatch dragons, and the desire to do so is part of a much deeper plot.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dany was having dreams about hatching dragons and she swore the eggs felt warm and Jorah would tell her they were as cold as stone. But she pretty clearly knew what she was doing walking into the pyre. She thanked the witch for the lessons, not just metaphorically, but mentions the blood magic. And when she walked into the pyre with the eggs she fully expected to walk out of it. Also, Maz was trying to stay alive and offered to "help"  her with her magic, which wasn't in the show. Dany definitely has some magical ability, it would seem.

Randall Flagg

Yea, but she doesn’t know magic. I’m not saying it’s not her, but you have a magi trained my Marwyn and has studied in Ashai.  Who also chants something while attached to the pyre.

Versus Danerys who walks into the pyre. Rhaegar was born the day his grandfather killed half the Targaryen family trying to hatch dragons, and they had the books from old Valyria.

I’m just saying the circumstances of the dragons hatching shouldn’t be taken at face value.

Board footer