You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Ouch....

[/embed]

Pretty fucking funny.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Like a boss.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Harris’s poll numbers have tanked, but I wouldn’t count her out yet. Warren seems to be surging in Iowa, and if Sanders can’t take NH, his campaign is over.

I’m really hoping the primary doesn’t get split 3 ways preventing any one victor to the convention. I still feel only Biden can beat Trump. Harris would be a good VP, but an even better AG pick for Biden.

My question is who gets cabinet positions in a Biden or Democratic victor. Biden would be a great Secretary of State, and Kerry could always be tapped again. But extreme candidates will never make it through the GOP Senate.

I’d like these kind of questions to be asked, instead of screen time to nonsense like free college for all.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Harris’s poll numbers have tanked, but I wouldn’t count her out yet. Warren seems to be surging in Iowa, and if Sanders can’t take NH, his campaign is over.

I’m really hoping the primary doesn’t get split 3 ways preventing any one victor to the convention. I still feel only Biden can beat Trump. Harris would be a good VP, but an even better AG pick for Biden.

My question is who gets cabinet positions in a Biden or Democratic victor. Biden would be a great Secretary of State, and Kerry could always be tapped again. But extreme candidates will never make it through the GOP Senate.

I’d like these kind of questions to be asked, instead of screen time to nonsense like free college for all.

Harris as am AG would be total abuse of power.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bidens too old for cabinet position. Kerry as well, being his 2nd turn at it.

It's also not precedent to announce thoughts on cabinet picks as it could consist of opponents (Harris, Warren, Booker),  but also away votes.

ie. Republicans may get angry at the thought of Harris as AG and vote specifically against that whereas previously may not have been that pro-trump and maybe woulda sat home. Also many are Govs trying to run a state and if the Pres nominee loses, would look bad on their re-election that they didn't have the states voters in mind, self interest etc

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump's Greenland purchase..... Isn't such a bad idea.

Nah mate, it was a terrible idea. No way it was going to do anything other than offend the Danes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's ground zero for climate change, not to mention it's proximity to Russia  as way to you get any missile attack, that's why the military wants it. There's no way the Danes can come close to affording the research and development we can to combat climate change. That's not why Trump would want it, but that's what the military wants with Greenland.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Any thoughts on the DNC fundraising in Mexico?  I thought foreign involvement in our elections was the greatest threat facing our democracy?  Granted, Clinton paid more to Russia for the Steele Dossier than the 100k Russia spent on Facebook ads of Jesus standing next to Trump. But the optics of this don’t look good.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's ground zero for climate change, not to mention it's proximity to Russia  as way to you get any missile attack, that's why the military wants it. There's no way the Danes can come close to affording the research and development we can to combat climate change. That's not why Trump would want it, but that's what the military wants with Greenland.

Yes it is a great location for all your points above, but I meant it was a terrible idea as in Denmark was never going to play ball.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Any thoughts on the DNC fundraising in Mexico?  I thought foreign involvement in our elections was the greatest threat facing our democracy?  Granted, Clinton paid more to Russia for the Steele Dossier than the 100k Russia spent on Facebook ads of Jesus standing next to Trump. But the optics of this don’t look good.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … exico-city

The first line: Events require attendees to be American citizens or residents

Board footer