You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, it's just like a vacation fundraiser. I'd read where its a city or town popular among expatriates. Probably people from California who retire in Mexico, likely with $$$.

I can see where FoxNews etc can get all over the optics of it, Mexico Fundraising == Russian Interference, but really, c'mon.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, it's just like a vacation fundraiser. I'd read where its a city or town popular among expatriates. Probably people from California who retire in Mexico, likely with $$$.

I can see where FoxNews etc can get all over the optics of it, Mexico Fundraising == Russian Interference, but really, c'mon.

I'm completely aware that they're supposed to be citizens, hence why I said "optics".  Especially with PACs, it becomes even harder to determine the source of money.  Democrats are having a horrible time fundraising, so they're hosting an event in Mexico.  That doesn't look good, any more than paying a foreign spy to pay Russians for dirt on a political candidate looks good.  But this is the world we live in.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What's going to be more interesting is Talib vs Maher.

The squad are not Democrats, they're not even liberals. They've allowed a minority of leftists to take over the party. I'm sorry, Bernie Sanders participating in the Democratic primary is a disgrace. He's not a Democrat.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

What's going to be more interesting is Talib vs Maher.

The squad are not Democrats, they're not even liberals. They've allowed a minority of leftists to take over the party. I'm sorry, Bernie Sanders participating in the Democratic primary is a disgrace. He's not a Democrat.

The Democrats refuse to condemn them, and were quick to jump on the bandwagon when they called Trump a racist, so how can you say they're not Democrats?  I understand your point, but Tilab and Omar have said actual anti-semitic things and actively support terrorist groups. Not the "both sides" bullshit the left has taken out of context and pretended was systemic of the entire GOP.  Look at the groups Omar and Tilab had coordinating their "visit".  Look at the actual things these two have said, "The holocaust gives me a calming feeling" or 9/11 was "some people doing a thing".  They are bigots and anti-semites, and the DNC wouldn't even condemn their speech.  This nonsense has been the talking point of leftist in Academia since at least 2000 when I started college, and now members of their party are saying everything actual Nazis say, but they're terrified to condemn it.  Steve King makes some outrageous comment, and the GOP strips him of his assignments and condemns it.  Tilab and Omar tweet in praise of Hamas and the most anti-semtiic groups in the world, and crickets.  It's a farce. 

Add in everyone but Biden promising the world and standing shoulder to shoulder with these yahoos, and you can understand why the sane among us are scared of what 2020 will look like.

But hey, Warren promised to strip medals of honor from guys who died over 100 years ago, so it's clear they're priorities are in the right spot.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I dunno, we're IN a recession. We're in it. Economists have never, in our lifetime, 'predicted' a recession, then been wrong on it. I remember even kinda 91-92's, reading in the paper before it really happened. Then, like in 93-94 it just ends. Wasn't the worst recession of all time. Wasn't dot-bomb or 2007 collapse.

Still, it's only going to get worse from today. There is little chance Trump gets re-elected imho.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/investin … index.html

Stick a fork in him. Wouldn't surprise me if he bails & doesn't even run by early next year. Only thing likely to keep him in it is his need to stay in office to prevent Treason charges from the next AG.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/investin … index.html

Stick a fork in him. Wouldn't surprise me if he bails & doesn't even run by early next year. Only thing likely to keep him in it is his need to stay in office to prevent Treason charges from the next AG.

Stocks will bounce back next week. This happens every time.

Fed should have never raised rates so fast

We are not in a “recession” as most it is a slowed growth rate which is still higher than where we were pre trump.

Trump needs to get back under control tho.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Heh, this is Trump under control, son.

It's so sad it's funny. You have the most inept, unpopular and moronic president in my lifetime in office. I mean, how can the dems not be able to find a decent fucking candidate to run against him?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Guys if you're all still on this site because you like the band, check the GNR section. A new song dropped.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Heh, this is Trump under control, son.

It's so sad it's funny. You have the most inept, unpopular and moronic president in my lifetime in office. I mean, how can the dems not be able to find a decent fucking candidate to run against him?

How could they not find one to run against him last time?

Board footer