You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: anyone hear the atlas clip leak

PaSnow wrote:

How long was the Atlas song, I listened to it on YT but not sure its there anymore, wasn't it only like 4:30 or something. I beleive the 'talk' was it was an epic.

Lemme put on my *Conspiracy Theory Hat* for Randall Flagg here again, and opine that maybe it's all a ruse to get people back into it, and an album or vault outtakes does get put out this year. I'm skeptical & not waiting on one, but, it would totally make sense (to me) to just take a dozen tracks from 10-15 years ago & put them out as an outtakes or 'What if...' type. Honestly, I'd even dig a mini box set or double album of 20-30. Just put it out there, like Brian Wilson. Didn't Prince supposedly have a vault of tracks when he passed away.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

How long was the Atlas song, I listened to it on YT but not sure its there anymore, wasn't it only like 4:30 or something. I beleive the 'talk' was it was an epic.

Lemme put on my *Conspiracy Theory Hat* for Randall Flagg here again, and opine that maybe it's all a ruse to get people back into it, and an album or vault outtakes does get put out this year. I'm skeptical & not waiting on one, but, it would totally make sense (to me) to just take a dozen tracks from 10-15 years ago & put them out as an outtakes or 'What if...' type. Honestly, I'd even dig a mini box set or double album of 20-30. Just put it out there, like Brian Wilson. Didn't Prince supposedly have a vault of tracks when he passed away.

Yeah, Prince had a vault full of unreleased material.  I'm not sure if it was released yet but I know on iTunes there was a pre-order for a compilation of some of Prince's unreleased songs.  I'm with you, I'd love any type of release and while the last time songs leaked such as the MSL batch an album was released shortly thereafter, now that nearly 11 years have passed since the release of CD it's hard for me to be optimistic about another release even with the leaks that have occurred over the last year such as the CD remixes and Hard School.  Personally though at this point I think the only way we will hear unreleased songs like The General and Atlas Shrugged is if they leak.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Can someone direct link or re-post the "locker" pictures (pictures of CDs and tapes) where this stuff is supposedly coming from? I saw a few... and now they're buried and I can't find them.

Samwise
 Rep: 0 

Samwise wrote:

Could someone PM me the Atlas clip?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Soundgarden did this with the Superunknown and Echo of Miles box sets. Had Cornell lived, probably would've got the rest on a Down on the Upside box set.

Metallica have also been unloading tons of their vault.

For ALL major acts...it's time. If you allow it to keep rotting, you'll never make money on it. Time to unload while people still buy music. Wait another five years or so, people will only stream it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

-

Board footer