You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: I will post a leak

Gagarin wrote:

YES - it did not have baggage. In fact, the magazines had headlines like "What the world needs now is Axl Rose." There was a window.

Friedchicken
 Rep: 0 

Friedchicken wrote:

Yeah Catcher in 99 with Brian .. Bish Bosh , Throw the album out , and by this time we would be talking a very  different GNR , But as I remember casual listeners and Critics at that time were discounting of it because there was no slash .I Bought the End Of Days Sound Track Just for Oh My God (£18) and loved it and the new GNR also previously bought Slashes Snake Pit (which was garbage) Chinese Democracy is  still the best album of the 21st Century even though it is a bit over played . These new(old) tracks need to be out there . but  i don t think the gnr fan base will be hearing them in the next .....5  ...... 10 ......15 years. although......I DONT WANT TO LOSE HEART ! I WANT TO BELIEVE!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Friedchicken wrote:

Chinese Democracy is  still the best album of the 21st Century even though it is a bit over played .

What?!   Overplayed by who, yourself?  And I wouldn't say its anywhere near tops of the century, let alone 'best'.

Sky Dog wrote:

I still go with album should have been released right after Rock in Rio...spring 2001. The core group of songs needed Bucket solos....not his songwriting just his solos. My track list for a tight 70’s style rock album is...
side one
CD
The Blues
TWAT
CITR

side two
Riad
IRS
Madagascar
Prostitute

8 songs....43 minutes...tight like a Zep Aerosmith or Skynyrd record axl

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

YES - it did not have baggage. In fact, the magazines had headlines like "What the world needs now is Axl Rose." There was a window.

That's my favorite issue of Spin. A lot of info on the album.

album should've been released right after Rock in Rio

In a perfect world, yes. I agree 1000% that bucket elevates the album but now that we're getting the 99-00 sessions in chunks and can listen with hindsight, we can see that there really was an album being prepared for launch. It's not speculation, jokes about demos with little to no vocals recorded,etc.

Had Geffen been willing to pull the trigger on CD, we get it in 99 or 2000.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

side one
CD
The Blues
TWAT
CITR

side two
Riad
IRS
Madagascar
Prostitute

8 songs....43 minutes...tight like a Zep Aerosmith or Skynyrd record axl

Remember years before it was released, Stinson said not to expect a long album. That was probably the plan at one point.

Like Gagarin said, the album's window opened in 99. It opened again during HOB/Rio. Once 2002 was underway and it was obvious that cracks were showing, that window was practically painted shut.

Friedchicken

Friedchicken wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Friedchicken wrote:

Chinese Democracy is  still the best album of the 21st Century even though it is a bit over played .

What?!   Overplayed by who, yourself?  And I wouldn't say its anywhere near tops of the century, let alone 'best'.

Obviously i over play it or i would n t be here . but my point was the album had too many dubs on it , But is there a better album from this century? if so tell me .

James

James wrote:
Friedchicken wrote:

is there a better album from this century? if so tell me .

Soundgarden- King Animal

Friedchicken

Friedchicken wrote:
James wrote:
Friedchicken wrote:

is there a better album from this century? if so tell me .

Soundgarden- King Animal

fair album but not enough layers and overdubs  ha ha

Sky Dog wrote:

that was funny 16

Board footer