You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hard School is not a good song.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it is what it is....outtake/b-side

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm sure you all saw this by now, how is this not an ethics violation?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … markets-vp

Staying 3 hours away from Dublin, Ireland with travel by plane to & fro. Essentially like staying in Baltimore for a visit to NYC.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I think at this point Trumps gonna go batshit & pardon himself & leave office. That or step down & Pence or Barr takes office & pardons him (If they feel the court won't agree a loser prez can pardon himself)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm sure you all saw this by now, how is this not an ethics violation?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … markets-vp

Staying 3 hours away from Dublin, Ireland with travel by plane to & fro. Essentially like staying in Baltimore for a visit to NYC.

How much money do you think went into his family’s pockets?  You’re aware Trump doesn’t solely own all these hotels right? Some of them he has a controlling interest in, but many “Trump” properties just brand them with his name. It’s like McDonalds, they don’t actually own the restaurant.

I have no idea if this is legal or what not. But I don’t recall your outrage when 50% of the foreign officials who met with Clinton donated to her private charity. Did anyone bitch that Obama was selling two books as he ran for office and afterwards.

I just saw that House Democrats are going to subpoena Stormy Daniels to testify next month.

I’d much rather have an opposition party that  ran on ideas than one that howled at the wind for every perceived infraction.

Seriously. Trump plays golf in the hurricane zone to show people it’s ok, and he’s endangering lives by setting a bad example. If he wasn’t there, the media would still bitch.

I just have no interest in the selective outrage.

Randall Flagg

Brit Hume just said Biden is going senile because he (Hume) is going senile at a similar age. That crosses a line. I’m expecting this to be a big story tomorrow.

Ha, and a minute later he was heard on a hot mic asking if he was disconnected.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I don't see that becoming a huge controversy. TBH I think Biden has essentially a 0% chance of winning. I'd say he & Bernie are about neck & neck, maybe 5% chance of winning the Dem nod. I'd put Warren at about 70-80%.  Barring something stupid or something comes up from her past etc.

As for Ireland hotel, consider it's also 'free publicity' he's getting, for his fanbase who may now consider a vacation to Ireland. As well as the Secret Service rents out floors, not rooms. When the Pope came to the US the Secret Service rented out an entire hotel (large one,. Omni hotel in Philly). I would think for the VP they'd likely do something similar. It'd be a nice chunk of change in addition to getting the HOtels name out there to the public.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't see that becoming a huge controversy. TBH I think Biden has essentially a 0% chance of winning. I'd say he & Bernie are about neck & neck, maybe 5% chance of winning the Dem nod. I'd put Warren at about 70-80%.  Barring something stupid or something comes up from her past etc.

As for Ireland hotel, consider it's also 'free publicity' he's getting, for his fanbase who may now consider a vacation to Ireland. As well as the Secret Service rents out floors, not rooms. When the Pope came to the US the Secret Service rented out an entire hotel (large one,. Omni hotel in Philly). I would think for the VP they'd likely do something similar. It'd be a nice chunk of change in addition to getting the HOtels name out there to the public.

Warren?  You may as well hand Trump a second term.  Her present is so bad there's no need to dig up a past.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most people already know he has a brand of hotels. Sometimes I feel like you just look for any stupid excuse you can find to write something bad about him.  Don't head down the mitch path...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Warren?  You may as well hand Trump a second term.  Her present is so bad there's no need to dig up a past.

I mean, who else from the Dems do you think will take this?

(Dem Primary at least, not the whole thing)

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I mean, who else from the Dems do you think will take this?

(Dem Primary at least, not the whole thing)

Oh, my bet is still on Biden.  I feel only he or Buttigieg can win in the general.  But since you specified primary, I think Warren has a decent chance of winning the primary if the party caters to the people who cost them 2016.  No way Warren wins in 2020 against Trump.  Trump will keep every state he got in 2016 and then some.  I know you hate Trump and by watching mainstream media you get the impression he's universally despised.  But what you're not considering is that the bulk of Warren's plans have a stronger dislike than Trump.  Plus, like Clinton, she's not likable.  How are you going to convince rural PA or WI that Warren's beliefs are better for them than Trump.  Again, things are better than they ever have been under Trump.  I'm not saying he deserves credit, but don't forget what the ACA did to Dems in 2010 or Obama's move to the left in the Senate in 2014.  Their actions got Trump elected, and it's clear to me they haven't figured that out yet.  Aligning with AOC's GND and saying you're going to take people's guns (while doing nothing to remove guilty people who illegally enter our country or terrorize our inner cities) isn't a winning strategy.  And if you think Trump's team isn't going to hammer that, you're gravely mistaken.  More people watch Fox each night than MSNBC or CNN combined.  Keep that in mind.

Board footer