You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: New NIN single w/Robin released...

Scabbie wrote:

Well to me its obvoius Axl hasn't had that same urge to get stuff out there since he was a street urchin - maybe what Trent is doing will put some belly in his fire and get things going.

Whether intentional or not, Trent is mocking Axl and doing a good job of it. IMO.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Anyone able to say for sure whether or not Robin's playing on the track??

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think it'd be Finck. All of the last NIN records sound the same, and it's not an exception. I don't like this track though, it sounds like an uninspired With Teeth left-over. hmm

I agree that I don't think it's Finck. But it's certainly a possibility. Trent likes to play everything himself but I can imagine him offering Finck studio time as a way to entice him into returning. Also, he would trust Robin with the music, considering he's the "most rightest" guitarist for the band and did the live work for Self-Destruct and Fragility.

I will admit it sounds like With Teeth (I think it's new though), but I've heard people on NIN boards say it sounds like Year Zero, or PHM. It's a little over-poppy for my taste, but a good way to balance Ghosts which was WAY too self-indulged and dreamy.

James, I totally reccomend With Teeth. All The Love in the World, The Hand That Feeds, Every Day is Exactly the Same, Only, Sunspots- all are good, dark pop music. Only is my favorite NIN track.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Shitty song. Hoping for something better judging by how many people liked it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i thought it was obnoxious

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It was garbage. :sick:

I just talked to my friend yesterday who is a NIN fanatic.   He confirmed that Robin is back in for good he's on the official NIN forum and has been for years so he knows the talk on there, He's even met Trent a bunch of times.   He always does a NIN tour around a few states and gets front row every time so any NIN news from him I really believe.   Anyhow he said that he has no clue if Robin is on that song Dicipline there is no mention of that on NIN forum although there is supposed to be a major annoucement from NIN in 2 weeks.   So I said is that about Robin being in back in the band and said no that's been confirmed already.   That's the talk on the NIN forum.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

nice, thanks for the news.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

He confirmed that Robin is back in for good .

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Robin posts on the NIN forum? i wonder if he ever posted on any of the GnR forums? hmm

Board footer