You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Atlas Full Song Discussion

sp1at wrote:

The start of it reminded me a little of Saigon Kick. It's interesting, and gets better with listens

axlmiller
 Rep: 0 

axlmiller wrote:

Would really appreciate some help!  Many thanks!

Sky Dog wrote:

I have to think Team Brazil is behind this in some way. 10

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Link pls?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

nvm, got it!

Sky Dog wrote:

I really like it...definitely in the CITR mode except for a little cleaner, not as congested. Tasty solo. Any guess as to who that is? Finck? finck

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I heard other people saying it was Brian May playing that solo

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I like it better than Hardschool in that Axl hasn’t got Cher-like vocal effects going on. It’s just him singing with rasp in bits.

This sounds similar in vein to Catcher to me, I can hear a Jane’s Addiction and even Mad Season influences, like others have mentioned too

It doesn't have that epic quality of Catcher, but it's pretty clear it was written in that same period along with This I Love. Basically, it's like some guys jamming with some acoustic guitar compared to the other synth heavy songs he was doing.

Man, the original Chinese Democracy was going to be way, way different than the one we got.

AbidingDude
 Rep: 0 

AbidingDude wrote:

A link would be appreciated.

Sky Dog wrote:

The solo could be Brian May...makes sense if this is from the 2000 timeframe...ID, who knows how many versions of Chinese Democracy are in Axl’s head and vault! Crazy mofo! axl

Board footer