You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

Re: Atlas Full Song Discussion

bloodyhell81 wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

@misterID  After many listen, I dig it, it could be a great song if Axl polishes it. It was my personal holy grail I was waiting for that song. I really like the intro even when I first head it I was like "wtf is this". But like you said, the dude who compared to November Rain meets 70's was more than full of shit.
Anyway, Im not waiting any leaks now, exept for The General but it's probably not going to happen

Theres a version of the general out there!

Trent-axl
 Rep: 0 

Trent-axl wrote:

Where can one find The General?

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

Hey - so not a big poster, just happened to be here for last weeks leak fest.  Haven't heard any of Atlas, so if someone would be willing to send me a pm i'd appreciate it - thank you.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Trent-axl wrote:

Where can one find The General?

On Axl's vault.
There is no leak, just people circulating Evader's mix as being legit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just heard it and I've got one thing to say....

WOW.

Not 'Wow' as in a mind-blowing epic but Wow as in this is EXACTLY what I would've expected a GNR song in that 95-97 period to sound like.

It totally fits that time period to a tee. Unbelievable.

Needless to say.... I like it, a lot. Is it some massive epic? No. It doesn't need to be. This song never should've been hyped up. It speaks for itself.

Man, he really had something special cooking in the late 90s. Too bad he had to waste so much precious time on it. hmm

Edit: No one ask me for the song. I'm on my phone and can't copy/paste links or anything.

James

James wrote:
Vincevega06 wrote:

I thin this is what slash was talking about Axl wanting to be Pearl Jam or Soundgarden. I love this track it takes me back to late 90s early 2000.

Absolutely. I've had it on repeat and was about to say I'm getting a weird Down on the Upside deep cut vibe from it.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
James wrote:

Just heard it and I've got one thing to say....

WOW.

Not 'Wow' as in a mind-blowing epic but Wow as in this is EXACTLY what I would've expected a GNR song in that 95-97 period to sound like.

It totally fits that time period to a tee. Unbelievable.

Needless to say.... I like it, a lot. Is it some massive epic? No. It doesn't need to be. This song never should've been hyped up. It speaks for itself.

Man, he really had something special cooking in the late 90s. Too bad he had to waste so much precious time on it. hmm

Edit: No one ask me for the song. I'm on my phone and can't copy/paste links or anything.

I feel like this pretty much summarizes my impression of the demo. This song takes me back to 1996 and gives me the fuzzies. It's nothing epic or mindblowing, but is a great gnr track. This song seems like it picks up where illusions left off.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Any help out there?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Agreed. It's really solid songwriting.

James

James wrote:

Bri did you get the song?

Had it playing all night. Haven't done that since Riad in 2008.

This song is bat shit. That mindfuck of an intro( Baba o Reilly meets Journeys Separate Ways) and the rest of the song is like Soundgarden and STP double penetrating Blind Melon.

Board footer