You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rep: -2 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

15239123111 wrote:

This guy is a good friend of mine and he told me a thousand times around his sessions sheets. Very nice data.

One suggestion: make it more readiable, please. But it's fucking great.

All hail Zombux and his lists.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
15239123111 wrote:

This guy is a good friend of mine and he told me a thousand times around his sessions sheets. Very nice data.

I AM NOT A "GOOD FRIEND OF YOURS" YOU FUCKING IMBECILE AND I NEVER TOLD YOU "A THOUSAND TIMES" ABOUT ANYTHING YOU PSYCHOTIC LYING CUNT!
FUCK OFF AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!

Rep: -2 

15239123111 wrote:

Don't get angry. This is just internet. Okei I'm gone.

Ps: really. I love your list. Love it.

zombux

zombux wrote:

did some update in the sheet, in attempt to shuffle the recordings into some (at least rough) chronological order.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing
your opinions what to fix are welcome.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
zombux wrote:
15239123111 wrote:

I AM NOT A "GOOD FRIEND OF YOURS" YOU FUCKING IMBECILE AND I NEVER TOLD YOU "A THOUSAND TIMES" ABOUT ANYTHING YOU PSYCHOTIC LYING CUNT!
FUCK OFF AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!

I'm fucking dead. lol
This fucking Atlas guy can't be over 14.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
zombux wrote:

yeah, the SoD promo is legit, also there is an OMG radio edit (1:35) - it sounds quite bad, it comes from a sampler cassette for End of Days.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050221093 … ampler.jpg

That's pretty awesome.

I never would've thought in a million years when walking into the record store to buy End of Days that the Korn track would be my favorite (I hated Korn) and OMG would be one of the worst songs on there.

What a world in 1999...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Axl was right that Guns needed to do something outrageously ambitious to be seen as moving beyond its initial success. Lies was a placeholder, a way to buy the band some time between albums.

The frightening thing about this is that the placeholder wasn't even needed.

The world wasn't even sick of Appetite yet. World still gobbling it up at record stores, AFD shirts being worn everywhere literally, and radio and MTV still have them in constant rotation.

A couple months after Lies is released, it's simply abandoned and the AFD machine goes back into overdrive. Unprecedented.

Patience drops down the list and PC and Live KOHD pushed heavily on radio and MTV...then MTV starts cherry picking Ritz songs to turn into videos.

They also hadnt milked AFD of singles. Nightrain and Think About You beg for videos.

Fast forward to 1993...

TSI wasn't needed either. The planet had just overdosed on GNR from that tour. Nobody but extreme hardcore's wanted that cover album.

Scary thought that the bands small but very strong discography could've easily been shrunk in half and not really effect the outcome.

KitchenFinck
 Rep: 0 

KitchenFinck wrote:

Guys I’m just trying to catch up with everything-  on the Village sessions- did Soul Monster leak? (Or leak under a different name)?

zombux

zombux wrote:
KitchenFinck wrote:

Guys I’m just trying to catch up with everything-  on the Village sessions- did Soul Monster leak? (Or leak under a different name)?

it's generally accepted that Me & My Elvis is early name for Soul Monster and yes, there's an old version of this song on those discs that leaked smile

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

CubanSkies wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I think that sounds like a pretty well educated summary based on what's available out there.

FWIW that Coma mix still didn't have over half of the vocals done by the date on that DAT 2nd November 1990.  There were vocals completely missing and other parts with Axl saying:

"see and this will all be special effects shit"

Or another line

"when all I needed was clarity and somebody else to write some fucking words to this god dam song"

(at least I think that's what he said, I haven't listened to this in years and don't even know where the DAT rips are now, somewhere in the house lol).

So for example with this song most of the music was done by this date but the vocals were still quite a way from being finished.  Still fits with your timeline though, the bulk of the recording probably in mid to late 1990 and then final bits done by early 1991, then just mixing and little tweaks happening after that.

I would call Coma a Demo tho whilst stuff like Estranged were like the DAT's suggest "Rough Mixes" of close to the finished song.

Hey Aussie! Recently a clip leaked of that Coma DAT. Any chance you could share with us the full DATs?
It sounds great from the clip!

Board footer