You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah but Fox News is bailing on Trump.

Warren fought hard for common folks prior to running for Senate, going against big bank & fighting for oversight. Plus, she can learn from HRC's debates what didn't work, and what will work. People will believe in her based on emotion, and heart, whereas Trumps plan is erratic fear of the left. It's gotten stale. Mexico didn't pay for the wall, China didn't pay for the tarriffs, and the Republicans didn't replace ACA.

So what's Trumps platform? 4 more years of lies?!  C'mon. If the economy goes south at all he's got zero shot. It's what, 14 months & 5 Quarterly earnings reports. That's asking an awful lot for it to maintain for that long a period.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah but Fox News is bailing on Trump.

Warren fought hard for common folks prior to running for Senate, going against big bank & fighting for oversight. Plus, she can learn from HRC's debates what didn't work, and what will work. People will believe in her based on emotion, and heart, whereas Trumps plan is erratic fear of the left. It's gotten stale. Mexico didn't pay for the wall, China didn't pay for the tarriffs, and the Republicans didn't replace ACA.

So what's Trumps platform? 4 more years of lies?!  C'mon. If the economy goes south at all he's got zero shot. It's what, 14 months & 5 Quarterly earnings reports. That's asking an awful lot for it to maintain for that long a period.

He has no realistic platform.  Trump will not keep every state that he won in 2016.  The polls have him losing against most Democratic challengers.  The tariiff thing is going to hurt him (if it already hasn't).  People understand it and will rightly blame him.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Just popping in again to say y'all know Atlas leaked right?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Anyone watch the debates last night?  I think Biden was the star, and Castro came off like an asshole.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Anyone watch the debates last night?  I think Biden was the star, and Castro came off like an asshole.

Totally. The conspiracy theorist in me ponders if it was a setup.

The debates are horrible though, and it's sorta what's wrong with politics. No pun intended, or allusion to Trump, but it's scripted Reality TV. I can almost see why/how Trump got elected or was popular, just some person speaking ad-lib and not giving scripted answers. I watched for a bit, and essentially each response is:

"What do you think about Iran?"

"Well, I think Iran is a sensitive subject, and we need to proceed carefully. We also need to look at our entire positioning on foreign affairs and national security... {babble on canned response}"

In otherwords, giving a one sentence response acknowledging the question, then divert to more vague, larger picture scenario & response that is memorized. I think Liz Warren has a bit of an edge because she taps in to an emotional reaction/attachment.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It’s gonna be Biden vs. Trump. I just don’t see anyone else getting enough to topple him all across the country. Yes, Warren and Sanders and maybe Harris and Mayor Pete might pick up some states, but Biden’s appeal is across the spectrum, across the entire country. Even some not too far right would support him.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Even some not too far right would support him.

That's a good point. However, as the debates dwindle, and it becomes 3 or 4 candidates, Bidens air time only increases, and personally, I feel 76/77 is just too old to elect a new President. His gaffe's & slips will become prominent & Warren will look youthful, alert & inspired next to him.

We'll see, hist time was prior to this. He was a great VP tho and probably should've had a better shot at it had Obama not risen in 2008.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Even some not too far right would support him.

That's a good point. However, as the debates dwindle, and it becomes 3 or 4 candidates, Bidens air time only increases, and personally, I feel 76/77 is just too old to elect a new President. His gaffe's & slips will become prominent & Warren will look youthful, alert & inspired next to him.

We'll see, hist time was prior to this. He was a great VP tho and probably should've had a better shot at it had Obama not risen in 2008.

Warren is 70, she's not youthful.  I also don't think she has much of a personality.  I know this is all subjective, but she's not the candidate to inspire Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to abandon Trump, especially with her healthcare plan which will alienate over half the country once fully exposed - the whole point of Biden's rebuttal last night.  It's gonna be Biden with either Harris or Warren as his VP.  I'm guessing Harris.

Educated blacks like Harris, and Obama will be out in full swing to get them to show up to the polls.  If Biden can't mobilize the base, Trump wins in 2020.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s gonna be Biden vs. Trump. I just don’t see anyone else getting enough to topple him all across the country. Yes, Warren and Sanders and maybe Harris and Mayor Pete might pick up some states, but Biden’s appeal is across the spectrum, across the entire country. Even some not too far right would support him.

This.

I really hope Amy Klobuchar is his choice for VP.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This.

I really hope Amy Klobuchar is his choice for VP.

Would probably be his best tandem.

Board footer