You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Amazing Grace

James wrote:

@Atari

I'm in full agreement about Bucket now. While he did take some songs to new heights, there's a damn good album without him. Hell, I'm even digging the original IRS now and I hated that version back then.

The only negative about these songs(so far) is there's no hit single. This might be what Ezrin's main issue was.

Maybe Catcher could've caught on with good timing and the title track would certainly hit the rock charts. It's mainly an album of deep cuts but I have no problem with that.

As far as songs with vocals and the much speculated work done on the vault, I'll take Axl's word for it from 2002....

18 songs and 10 b sides.

And yes ...I do blame the label for the insane wait, I have for years, and believe he has been vindicated on that front.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

PM pretty please

Sky Dog wrote:

Led Zeppelin remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor....rolling stone Jan 2000

James

James wrote:

Another thing ..

Yes it's all dated. Dated as disco, bell-bottoms, and pet rocks. It's not surprising though. It would've been a record of it's time. All of Axl's current (at the time) musical interests are in these songs...

NIN
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Prodigy
Beck

It could've been such a unique and magical album.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Led Zeppelin remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor....rolling stone Jan 2000

That's it. Thanks. I had a total brain fart. The album was compared to so many bands and legends it's hard to keep track.

Edit

I'm still on my phone and can't send links. Just ask people on here you know. Plus, it's not hard to find.

stinkfist
 Rep: 2 

stinkfist wrote:

great tune, kinda weird at the first listen but then he begins to grow after few more, I rarely got disappointed with Axl when it's about music

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

You dont think Hard School had single potential? It’s no Jungle but it’s a quick rocker with catchy chorus. I think it could have done pretty well with a push.

Not sure on this new track. Not really my thing but I find it interesting to finally hear the different directions the CD project was originally headed and intended.

Sky Dog wrote:

The whole fucking thing is just insane. Songs, the story, the people involved....fucking nuts. axl

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

It sounds like a very early demo, this is awesome.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The whole fucking thing is just insane. Songs, the story, the people involved....fucking nuts. axl

It was worthy of a documentary back then.

Still is actually.

Years ago when we saw that pic of bucket in the chicken coop, I thought that would be a great cover for the doc because it nails down the insanity in one photo.

@APE

I had forgot Hard School. Yeah that might be a  hit on the rock charts but it's b side material ala Shadow of Love.

Board footer