You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

The president is suing the government.

it's collapsing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

We’ve heard so much during Trump’s presidency that it’s hard to judge what is truly significant anymore about his actions.

This seems to rise to the WTF level, but again it’s hard to tell anymore.

[/embed]

Can we find out what was actually said before the outrage?  It’s not like career officials have lied and exaggerated the past 32 months.

It’s his prerogative as the executive to say what he wants and feels is best. Obama has no problem “agreeing” to the Iran deal despite opposition from his own party and no support from congress. He had no problem telling Russia he’d have more flexibility after the election.  So for me to get upset about whatever Trump might have said, it has to be worse than that. I have a hunch it won’t be, but the left will howl anyway.

Hence all he skepticism in my post.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

it's collapsing.

What are you talking about?  Democrats and their allies have sued every time Trump farts. They’ve been overruled on nearly every suit, but they enjoy delaying legal processes.

What suit is Trump launching that is against the “government” and is a new crisis. I’m genuinely asking in case I miss something.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

it's collapsing.

What are you talking about?  Democrats and their allies have sued every time Trump farts. They’ve been overruled on nearly every suit, but they enjoy delaying legal processes.

What suit is Trump launching that is against the “government” and is a new crisis. I’m genuinely asking in case I miss something.

Trump is suing the NY DA for requesting past tax returns due to a state investigation. Something every elected President since Nixon exited in disgrace has done. "The most transparent president in history" lol, lie.

Not sure why he's challenging it, I'm not a lawyer but I believe part of the DOJ opinion is that since a president can pardon themself there's little use in charging them, although trump can't pardon himself of a state crime. Besides, what's he hiding. He's the one who pushed for Obama's birth certificate and questioned what Obama's hiding!?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Supposedly he made a "promise" to a leader on Aug 1w. Around that time theres a list of about 5 leaders he was dealing with, incl Putin & Kim Jung.

He's seemed angry & arrogant lately, and with Bolton leaving just days ago this is not a good look.

I agree it could be partisan, but seems Trump is trying to keep it all under wraps under the veil of national security.

This ain't partisan, it's just not. This is somebody so alarmed (again) by numerous actions that they reported it to the intelligence inspector general.

Pretty big deal....again.

Fox thinks the world is partisan and want all their stupid viewers to believe it, because they are. Trump's actions the last two years can't be insulated by throwing this word around, unless you're a completely useless right wing turd who will defend everything Trump does. Which of course, they do.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Can we find out what was actually said before the outrage?  It’s not like career officials have lied and exaggerated the past 32 months.

It’s his prerogative as the executive to say what he wants and feels is best. Obama has no problem “agreeing” to the Iran deal despite opposition from his own party and no support from congress. He had no problem telling Russia he’d have more flexibility after the election.  So for me to get upset about whatever Trump might have said, it has to be worse than that. I have a hunch it won’t be, but the left will howl anyway.

Obama! Obama! Boo hoo hoo, Obama!

This has nothing to do with Obama.

Somebody just reported our President to the Intel inspector general. This isn't "oh the other guy did stuff like that too."

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

It's a pattern:

The US reportedly pulled a top spy out of Russia after Trump revealed classified information to the Russians in an Oval Office meeting

The United States was forced to extract a top secret source from Russia after President Donald Trump revealed classified information to two Russian officials in 2017, CNN reported.

A person directly involved with the discussions told the outlet the U.S. was concerned that Trump and his administration routinely mishandled classified intelligence and that their actions could expose the covert source as a spy within the Russian government.

Trump stunned the national-security apparatus and intelligence community when it surfaced that he shared the information with Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak at an Oval Office meeting in May 2017.

The meeting took place one day after Trump had fired then-FBI director James Comey, and the president is said to have boasted to the Russians that firing "nut job" Comey had taken "great pressure" off of him. Comey was spearheading the FBI's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 US election at the time.

Trump then went on to share intelligence with Lavrov and Kislyak connected to the Islamic State in Syria. The information had come from Israel, which had not given the U.S. permission to share it with the Russians because it could have compromised an Israeli source in the region.

Trump's disclosure was not specifically about the Russian spy. But his move to disregard strict intelligence-sharing rules to protect highly placed sources prompted intelligence officials to "renew earlier discussions" about the potential risk that the source would be exposed, CNN reported.

The report said that Mike Pompeo, who was CIA director at the time, told other senior Trump administration officials that too much information was coming out regarding the U.S. asset in Russia.

This is not the first time national-security veterans have expressed concerns that Trump's actions could reveal sensitive information about U.S. intelligence-gathering processes and human sources working abroad.

Late last month, the president took to Twitter to release U.S. military information that he received during a classified intelligence briefing earlier that day.

Trump's tweet immediately set off alarm bells because it included a satellite photo of an Iranian launch pad that was a much higher resolution and better quality than the commercial satellite images of the site that were publicly available.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-extr … ice-2019-9

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

So if this is really what happened (WaPo is reporting this too), I’m curious how Trump defenders here and in the real world defend this practice?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So if this is really what happened (WaPo is reporting this too), I’m curious how Trump defenders here and in the real world defend this practice?

[/embed]

It's worse.  They tried to extort the Ukranian president offering financial aid in order to put out stuff on Joe Biden.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not even sure what he did. I mean, if he's trying to get favors from Ukraine for political purposes to hurt his opponent, he should be impeached. But I'm not ready to put the cart before the horse. These things have been ending in spectacular disasters recently.

There was always something really unsettling about this climate change girl... And this isn't about her aspergers, btw, and I believe in climate change, but it's incredibly dangerous to make her this cult of personality figure. It's friggin disturbing. I have a feeling there's going to be some controversy or tragedy from this girl and her family.

https://quillette.com/2019/04/23/self-h … -activism/

Board footer