You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Quick Song/Zodiac instrumentals

misterID wrote:

I think the big question is where do these songs go now? I don't see any reason Duff and Slash can't jump in there. According to MSL, take it how you will, they've at least re-recorded Atlas.

Sky Dog wrote:

Atlas doesn’t need anything! Leave it alone....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm fine with the current lineup fleshing out some of these songs and making them their own.

We're gonna get to hear all this old stuff anyway plus there's nothing those lineups can do. Can't build a time machine and fix things. It's over.

Best of both worlds.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Atlas doesn’t need anything! Leave it alone....

100% agree but they'd never release it untouched. To get wrapped in cellophane it's gotta have tophat.

AtariLegend wrote:

They should release their own new tracks and release the rest of this material as a limited several disc box set seperately. Just a version of whatever the Sean Bevan album was going to be and a RTB version. No reason to release a dozen different TWATs.

No point in going over the past in terms of rerecording, unless it's a Slash/Duff track originally. It'd get messy in terns of writting credits otherwise.

James

James wrote:

Yeah can see it now...

Quick Song
(Rose,Finck,Tobias, Slash,Mckagan)

Casual fans couldn't make heads or tails of that but in today's world of disposable music, I doubt they'd even look.

The next GNR album won't be bought by the public. It will be streamed.

Sky Dog wrote:

Or it just shows up for free 20 years later because they refuse to release official licensed music. They are all idiots.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Or it just shows up for free 20 years later because they refuse to release official licensed music. They are all idiots.

yeah... including the label.

I still can't believe they didn't capitalize off that massive global buzz for the reunion. Hell it was being teased alongside Star Wars.

Not even an updated GH set out of 2016.

Unbelievable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl ain't going to ditch this stuff and start over. Slash has even talked up the "old" material Axl already has. It's happening. We'll have the original stuff through leaks. No one else cares about it. If we have it, why does it matter how they do the next release?

I'm picking up a Soundgarden vibe with Zodiac.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm picking up a Soundgarden vibe with Zodiac.

All I hear is White Zombie. I was a huge fan of Astro-Creep and it definitely was an influence here.

That's not to say there isn't a Soundgarden influence in the music. There is. These sessions are a mid 90s smorgasbord.

We'll have the original stuff through leaks

Indeed we will and that's good enough for me.

Board footer