You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Robin Finck appreciation thread

esoterica wrote:

TheWayWeWere.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I feel for the guy. I really do. While Bucket had some haters, he also got a hardcore fan base.

Finck never got much respect. Many didn't like how he played the old material and he never got to properly shine on his own.

We're finally getting to hear his work....

in 2019.

I didn't blame him one bit for going back to Trent

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Finck stood right in front of me in 2002 Chicago and just butchered Sweet Child. Get crazy on the CD stuff if you want, but not one of the greatest rock songs ever.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

"Untenable Position"

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think from old timers only me and Russ had a crush on Robin. Always liked his uniqueness and kinda got it regarding his approach to old songs.
Besides Twat I don't really have a love for Bucket's contributions and besides fretless on CD Wich I love, I think Ron was the right guy to keep it going but my NuGNR axemen would always be just Fortus and Finck

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

While I always liked Bucket, Robin has always been my favorite. I haven't seen them in person before 2006, but loved Robin's unique way of playing also on the old songs. If they stayed with Robin/Richard as a duo in 2006, I wonder whether we would have gotten CD then. Ron's contribution were unnecessary.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

I think from old timers only me and Russ had a crush on Robin. Always liked his uniqueness and kinda got it regarding his approach to old songs.
Besides Twat I don't really have a love for Bucket's contributions and besides fretless on CD Wich I love, I think Ron was the right guy to keep it going but my NuGNR axemen would always be just Fortus and Finck

*ahem*

Validated. The burying of this music is absolutely criminal. This would have taken Finck to a whole other level. Yeah, old butthurt fans would still have hated him, but they would have been a vocal minority. Instead his whole tenure was, "he butchered Sweet Child O'Mine." A decade of that shit. BTW, I thought the re-record of SCOM was bad ass.

Board footer