You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Quick Song Disc

slashsfro wrote:

Really catch type jam song.  I love the time changes.  And that's even with the vocals that I can't figure out what Axl is saying.  This should have been on the album.

Thinking about Rough Disc #1, if you add this onto that, that album isn't even a huge departure from classic Guns stuff. 

I almost hate to bring up this next point: but hasn't all this material sort of vindicated (hate to use this but can't find it) Axl?  I mean the material here is mostly guitar driven and isn't the different direction or style that Slash (and I guess Duff) had claimed at the time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It is pretty telling seeing certain folks who are MIA right now.

kinsky
 Rep: 0 

kinsky wrote:

Would love a pm

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I still haven't heard anything in several days.
Can I get links to all please?

The one pm I received expired.

layne88
 Rep: 0 

layne88 wrote:

Can I get a link to this please?

misterID

misterID wrote:

These big zip files, they get right to the end for me and.... 13

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It is pretty telling seeing certain folks who are MIA right now.

What does that mean? My absence? I had put off shopping all day. The moment quick Song leaked, I headed out.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I see what Axl was saying about pushing the envelope too far. That must have been scary for the rec comp. To have Bucket really give Axl a future ahead that could destroy the cash cow. Maybe it was interesting to Axl but it wasn’t his mission with GNR. But Oklahoma and Hardschool, c’mon that’s an awesome butt kicking time.

“Behold, I make all things new” said The King.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Really catch type jam song.  I love the time changes.  And that's even with the vocals that I can't figure out what Axl is saying.  This should have been on the album.

Thinking about Rough Disc #1, if you add this onto that, that album isn't even a huge departure from classic Guns stuff. 

I almost hate to bring up this next point: but hasn't all this material sort of vindicated (hate to use this but can't find it) Axl?  I mean the material here is mostly guitar driven and isn't the different direction or style that Slash (and I guess Duff) had claimed at the time.

Yeah he was vindicated and deserved a second wind. Reading that RS article today, sensing his confidence and excitement, and knowing in hindsight how it all turned out is almost criminal.

I'll say one thing...

The ambition to top UYI with a double or a trilogy was a mistake.

When the label reacted to the album in 2000 and 2001 like a fart in church, it was time to dive back in to that studio with another producer(and proper management), and chart a different course. Tackle all that material and razor focus on one album. The material was clearly there to work with.

Once you're almost done, pull a Soundgarden....do a club tour to road test the shit out of those new songs.

It never really built towards anything,..at least from the public's perspective and don't forget ..CD becomes a pop culture joke by 2003.

Drop the AFD rehash stuff, at least temporarily, to alter the perception of reality. He was too young to be a nostalgia act.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Cool stuff, even his work in progress songs with just his oooohs are fucking killer. So the Nothing clip I heard has a piece of another song with vocals. (...more than I could see, could mean more to me, what you are to me) I want to hear THAT song.

Board footer