You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Quick Song Disc

misterID wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It is pretty telling seeing certain folks who are MIA right now.

What does that mean? My absence? I had put off shopping all day. The moment quick Song leaked, I headed out.

No, man, I'm talking about MSL, the note about South America and the squared circle.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

One more thing to add to the above post ..

Don't tell me Oklahoma will be on album 2 and The General wraps up the trilogy.

Move chaff off the first album that even your label is out of fucks to give and place those(and others) on CD.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another example....

In 2001-02, very crucial years, when new songs get dropped from the set(Riad temporarily, Silkworms, OMG), nothing new takes their place.

That's going forward in reverse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I know he didn't want to debut his best songs live, and he probably had no idea it would drag out for so long. Had he only had a producer (like Youth) who would have been really into what he was doing in that period things might have been different. The stars were not aligned, and when Youth was on board he couldn't get Axl to write lyrics or sing outside the AFD re-recording. His quote was that Axl said, "You're pushing me too hard" and that's when he decided to leave the project. He said it was heartbreaking for him.

Izzy squire
 Rep: 0 

Izzy squire wrote:

The vocal melody is great, led zeppelin meets sympathy for the devil, it's A big gun

Charlie Finck

PM please!! ??

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Another example....

In 2001-02, very crucial years, when new songs get dropped from the set(Riad temporarily, Silkworms, OMG), nothing new takes their place.

That's going forward in reverse.

I almost wonder where the heck do you put an MTV video award appearance (any year not just 2002).  I think the negative response to that and the disaster of a tour put in a further funk and basically the progress of the record came to a halt.

I think I might have  debuted the new songs at the MTV awards instead of Rock in Rio 2001.

AlThePal

AlThePal wrote:

Pm plz

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m sticking to my prior post and opinion. CD should have came out in the spring/summer 2001.

Jayman

Jayman wrote:

Curious how the disc is? Worth a listen?

Board footer