You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Tracks missing from the leaked CD's

bigbri wrote:

Hearts Always Get Killed.

This has stuck in my brain since I heard it probably 20 years ago. Am I nuts? I swear Axl mentioned it in a Rolling Stone or Spin article.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Hearts Always Get Killed.

This has stuck in my brain since I heard it probably 20 years ago. Am I nuts? I swear Axl mentioned it a Rolling Stone or Spin article.

Made up a title, Axl confirmed in the chats.

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?
Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)
What do you think of fans who bring signs to shows?
Remember GIMME SOME TWAT @ Hammerstein?
That was me! Can you tell us if you will play new (non chi dem ) material on tour in 09?
Axl gets up around 7, Gets on the Net around 9, Answering the same fucking questions 200 times, Typing away and feeling fine, We've been chatting with Mr. Brownstone, He's be typing, He needs a faster internet connection at HOOOOMMMMEEEEE!

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.
No plans on tour setlist as of now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit...a media outlet (forgot which one) made up cock a roach soup.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
James wrote:

Kerrang 1999

http://chinesedemocracysoon.blogspot.co … e.html?m=1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vaqCjVyoA_c/S … g_1999.jpg

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Kerrang I think.

In fairness years ago when I was a kid, they claimed Sentimental Movie and Crash Diet were unreleased tracks from Chinese Democracy. May have even reviewed them.

Kerrang was as informative as a UK tabloid.

Grayfox
 Rep: 0 

Grayfox wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Vale wrote:

Didn't Axl mention a track named Cuban Skies in the chat?

Nope.

The only source for that title was supposedly people claiming this is what MSL's 2nd album was:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

That was years ago. However he did get Tonto correct. So, unless MSL cares to comment himself... we can only leave this under dubious.

Personally though, I find it questionable. A Light My Fire cover and at least one Tommy Stinson solo track?

‘Perhaps’ was also on the list along with ‘Nothin’

AtariLegend wrote:
Grayfox wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Vale wrote:

Didn't Axl mention a track named Cuban Skies in the chat?

Nope.

The only source for that title was supposedly people claiming this is what MSL's 2nd album was:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

That was years ago. However he did get Tonto correct. So, unless MSL cares to comment himself... we can only leave this under dubious.

Personally though, I find it questionable. A Light My Fire cover and at least one Tommy Stinson solo track?

I'm not saying you're wrong (I honestly do not know), but have you got a link to a thread back then?

Grayfox
 Rep: 0 

Grayfox wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Grayfox wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Nope.

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

I'm not saying you're wrong (I honestly do not know), but have you got a link to a thread back then?

No I don’t have a thread.

Also not all song info was shared from the list either. But these are all real tracks:

Cuban Skies
The General
Atlas Shrugged
Soul Monster
Silkworms
Thyme
Goin Down
Tonto
Monstrocity
Nothin
Jackie Chan
Perhaps
4 Heavens
Light My Fire

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I just can't believe Jackie Chan was ever a serious title but Axl fucking around.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The legal document (origin unknown?) includes Dragon, Seven, and Scraped, all of which aren’t on these discs. Well, Scraped isn’t at minimum anyway. And course, there are likely more discs.

I’m most curious about “This I Love”.

We all know there’s likely a v1 of it that originates with the classic lineup, Dave Dominguez mentioned a barebones version of it dating to 2000 IIRC, and a fan supposedly emailed Patti Hood in 2008 with the final track and she didn’t recognize it at all. And of course there’s whatever version was slated to appear in “What Dreams May Come” in 1997.

Curious.

Board footer