You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Extremely Dubious Fernando Reddit Account, Might Actually be Fernando

RaZor wrote:
Will wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Which begs the Question....maybe ol’ Ax is behind the leaks...is “The Chairman”?

Why would he leak it though? As leverage against the label?

But why would they need leverage, there's so much good will toward GNR right now.  Maybe for publicity?

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fernando is a pretty constant figure on the forums and from what I understand, it sounds like him. Hardschool wouldn't be on the set list for no reason. These leaks wouldn't be happening if someone didn't know their value were about to nosedive. They have a boatload of songs and they have had a few years to re-record this stuff.

Has fernando ever dropped any info that's ended up not happening?

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Will wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Which begs the Question....maybe ol’ Ax is behind the leaks...is “The Chairman”?

But why would they need leverage, there's so much good will toward GNR right now.  Maybe for publicity?

Have you read about the leaks in any mainstream media, or any media?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
RaZor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fernando is a pretty constant figure on the forums and from what I understand, it sounds like him. Hardschool wouldn't be on the set list for no reason. These leaks wouldn't be happening if someone didn't know their value were about to nosedive. They have a boatload of songs and they have had a few years to re-record this stuff.

Has fernando ever dropped any info that's ended up not happening?

I really don't know. He posted on HTGTH after I was banned and before it became a ghost town, then he drifted to mygnr. Him being on Reddit isn't farfetched. He has an account here but I don't think he's ever posted. I think he basically confirmed stuff more than anything.

I think I've had more contact with Beta online than anyone else connected with the band.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Will wrote:

Have you read about the leaks in any mainstream media, or any media?

Just GNRcenteral and alternativenation, but yeah, nothing mainstream - I see your point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you think a new album would feature most of these leaked songs? I would think Slash, Duff, etc. would want to have their hands in on the writing process instead of adding to ready made songs. I’m not sure how much it matters but would they get writing credits on 20 year old songs that they weren’t around for the infancy stage?

I’m not sure there’s any rhyme or reason for these latest leaks but it could be because they’re not planned for release so they in a sense have lost value.

Personally I would expect/hope some of these songs get released with Slash and Duff putting their spin on them. But I’d also think we’d hear some originals from the current lineup. We’ll see though, hopefully.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

With the amount of crap that Fernando gets from the fanbase, do you think that maybe, just maybe, he puts songs like Hardschool on a setlist,  knowing that the photo will get posted online, just to f*ck with us?  I wouldn't blame him for doing it....

AtariLegend wrote:

Central is less reliable than your standard MYGNR thread. It's a shame there's probably people who google Guns N' Roses and take it seriously.

As for Fernando, the only reason this thread isn't title "album might be coming in 6 months" is that there's still a slither of doubt it's him. Assuming it is him however, he'd better off deleting the Reddit account and pretending he has nothing to do with it while he still has plausible deniability.

6 months though. I really hope the EP thing is nonsense. They do not need to re-record 20 year old tracks again. It's pretty clear that for some these tracks, it was downhill since March 2000.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Slash was asked about the EP by Trunk, it is nonsense.

We can start a new album thread mid November based on the written word. South American press are going on about a tour of at least five countries starting the end of March for new material. Slash also mentioned March in his interview.

Hard School, is the only track confirmed for the new album based on multiple photos of the alt setlist. Duff and Slash have put forward new songs, based on interviews over the past two years. Axl has obviously been quiet the past year and has recorded Rock the Rock.

Remember that new tracks are registered on ASCAP/SESAC before release, we have umgb2b for universal based released info ahead of time, Sterling will master, and Slash will not spend too long in a studio based on multiple interviews.

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I think some of us might have some guesses about whom's behind this and they're not Axl.

Thanks for the info sp1at.

Board footer