You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Extremely Dubious Fernando Reddit Account, Might Actually be Fernando

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Which begs the Question....maybe ol’ Ax is behind the leaks...is “The Chairman”?

I think some of us might have some guesses about whom's behind this and they're not Axl.

Thanks for the info sp1at.

Would one of your suspicions be a former forum member from way back?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fernando is a pretty constant figure on the forums and from what I understand, it sounds like him. Hardschool wouldn't be on the set list for no reason. These leaks wouldn't be happening if someone didn't know their value were about to nosedive. They have a boatload of songs and they have had a few years to re-record this stuff.

Do you think a new album would feature most of these leaked songs? I would think Slash, Duff, etc. would want to have their hands in on the writing process instead of adding to ready made songs. I’m not sure how much it matters but would they get writing credits on 20 year old songs that they weren’t around for the infancy stage?

I’m not sure there’s any rhyme or reason for these latest leaks but it could be because they’re not planned for release so they in a sense have lost value.

Personally I would expect/hope some of these songs get released with Slash and Duff putting their spin on them. But I’d also think we’d hear some originals from the current lineup. We’ll see though, hopefully.

Yes, I do. Unlike CD, half the world still haven't heard this. Whenever Slash and Duff have spoke about a new record in the past they mention the stuff Axl already has (as in, there's already material ready to go) and how great it is.

I honestly think Slash and Duff would do whatever to keep Axl happy. Ron went in Axl's dog house for constantly complaining about the "old material" and not writing their own. But it's possible they've been doing new stuff. Hell, maybe they pulled a Van Halen and went back to some of those 96 demos. That's where Fall To Pieces came from.

Even Richard has talked about them working on new stuff, so hopefully Axl finds his muse and kicks out some new stuff. And get Slash off that cock rock stuff he's been doing with Myles.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Which begs the Question....maybe ol’ Ax is behind the leaks...is “The Chairman”?

I think some of us might have some guesses about whom's behind this and they're not Axl.

Thanks for the info sp1at.

Would one of your suspicions be a former forum member from way back?

If they are extending the release of one of the leaks, look out for who is most attention seeking during the period, and you'll find yourself the chairman.

AtariLegend wrote:

This might be somewhat ironic, but I think we should leave that particular subject alone for the time being while we're still getting this stuff.

Sky Dog wrote:

Whoever it is Jimmy Conway says, “keep ‘em coming”

AtariLegend wrote:

I kmow this is probably not a popular take, but whether it is or isn't Fernando and regardless of the perception of the comments: I'm a little uneasy with screenshoting and posting pms.

Just saying. Also would decrease the odds dramatically of others getting replies.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’m giving the new GNR album a Green N Red light.

Light em up!

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I think he was giving the fans an unofficial update. If he legitimizes the account then it legitimizes the information, which is not what he is wanting.

Murph
 Rep: 0 

Murph wrote:

https://youtu.be/B2JXGsacJ-0

It made the YouTube side of gnrcentral.com

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

i dunno, listening to some of these leaks makes me think that I'd prefer if 'GNR' (Axl/Slash/Duff) could pick a couple of suitable songs and then make the rest from scratch.

this would give Axl the opportunity to release the three CD album triology as intended, give credit where due for the song writing and then maybe even play some concerts with the old / nu band.

Board footer