You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Drain the Swamp?

jimmythegent wrote:
zombux wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Throw in the Seeker, Wichita lineman

UGH. PLEASE. NO COVERS ANYMORE. PRETTY PLEASE.

I kind of agree but I also really like their versions of those two
And they’ve always done loads of covers so it’s kind of par for the course

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I love those covers.

There really can't be too much left. I'd say some of these have vocals now and different titles. The General, Seven and what other songs are left that we haven't heard anything from? It's not too far out to think that we'll get the whole thing at some point. I'd say the rest of those 06 demos are the holy grail.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

They're all from the storage locker CDs. The story as I understand it: Dunsford buys the CDs. Gives copies to MSL and Walker, with the understanding nothing is to be leaked or sold. Of course, MSL starts selling them. Rick tells him to knock it off. He keeps selling them. Rick leaks Hard School and Atlas, and I guess all the other '99 CD demos that came out. MSL gets pissed. MSL threatens Rick through Walker. Rick leaks Perhaps and SOG.

Could be wrong, but that's what I've gathered so far. It really is all kind of a funny soap opera.

Yeah, I think the story is more opposite of Rick's version. Why would the person with the biggest target on their back (MSL) sell? Why would the person who wasn't out any money (if MSL was *given* them) have more incentive to sell than the person who allegedly fronted a lot of cash (Rick)? For this version to be true, MSL would have to be acting illogically and out of pattern. After all, we never did get the contents of that USB drive. He's kept his lips shut ever since about that. Why has *that* not been out in the wild, but these discs have?

Because MSL fucking craves the attention (and is apparently low on money). FWIW, Rick shared screenshots of texts from Walker saying to call MSL if he cares about his kids. He may have been keeping his lips shut publicly since the supposed pay off, but he's still been sweating his blubber off behind the scenes. He is believed to be behind the remix album leak, and the Going Down/Better remixes leaking in 2013. Walker is his sock puppet that he uses to do his bidding.

Did the remix album ever leak in full?  I only ever heard clips of those remixes.  There was a clip of a  classic rock remix of OMG that was badass.  I'm dying to hear it in full if anyone has it to share.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Did the remix album ever leak in full?  I only ever heard clips of those remixes.  There was a clip of a  classic rock remix of OMG that was badass.  I'm dying to hear it in full if anyone has it to share.

no, the only thing that has ever leaked were 5 Brain remixes of ChiDem songs (Shackler, ITW, TIL, Better ("Better Gone") and Prostitute ("Blood in The Water")) of the alleged 6 songs Brain remixed back then. if you heard some "classic rock remix of OMG", it was almost certainly a fake.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
zombux wrote:
RaZor wrote:

no, the only thing that has ever leaked were 5 Brain remixes of ChiDem songs (Shackler, ITW, TIL, Better ("Better Gone") and Prostitute ("Blood in The Water")) of the alleged 6 songs Brain remixed back then. if you heard some "classic rock remix of OMG", it was almost certainly a fake.

Well, there was a snippet of the Bumblefoot OMG version at the time that came along with the first remix snippets. Maybe you mean that one?

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Vale wrote:
zombux wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Well, there was a snippet of the Bumblefoot OMG version at the time that came along with the first remix snippets. Maybe you mean that one?

Maybe that's it.  I don't remember people thinking it was a fake when it came out.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Vale wrote:

yea that one might have been it. but that one was never part of the "Remix album" but a completely separate thing made by BBF shortly after he joined the band in May 2006 smile that one leaked together with Silkworms and Going Down as a 3-pack.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Will wrote:

I'm in no hurry for disc 2. We've had more music in the last month than we've had since 1993. When we get disc 2 that's probably the last GNR music we're gonna get for another decade in my opinion, lets be realistic.

2 months ago we would have been delighted just to get a full copy of Checkmate. We've quickly become accustomed to logging in daily and finding another full disc, and this leak will eventually run dry putting us back where we started.

I've only listened to RM1, 3 and 4 a handful of times because I honestly think this is all we're getting for a long time (apart from RM2 maybe). I don't want to burn myself out hearing these songs like I did with the original leaks. I used to play Better/IRS/Chi Dem etc on repeat so I was pissed when the official album dropped and I was already tired of hearing all the songs sad Thats my fault for downloading the leaks so I'm trying to show some restraint this time by only listening occassionally 9

The chairman could do us all a favour and hold off on releasing that last disc. It might help us get through another dry spell in 2020 when the band still havent officially released anything

This^. We've definitely become spoiled, when in all reality, this has been a massive dump of new material to the likes of which we've never seen

No, we need the disc to leak ASAP in case something happens or someone has a change of heart and we never hear it.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Will wrote:

I'm in no hurry for disc 2. We've had more music in the last month than we've had since 1993. When we get disc 2 that's probably the last GNR music we're gonna get for another decade in my opinion, lets be realistic.

2 months ago we would have been delighted just to get a full copy of Checkmate. We've quickly become accustomed to logging in daily and finding another full disc, and this leak will eventually run dry putting us back where we started.

I've only listened to RM1, 3 and 4 a handful of times because I honestly think this is all we're getting for a long time (apart from RM2 maybe). I don't want to burn myself out hearing these songs like I did with the original leaks. I used to play Better/IRS/Chi Dem etc on repeat so I was pissed when the official album dropped and I was already tired of hearing all the songs sad Thats my fault for downloading the leaks so I'm trying to show some restraint this time by only listening occassionally 9

The chairman could do us all a favour and hold off on releasing that last disc. It might help us get through another dry spell in 2020 when the band still havent officially released anything

This^. We've definitely become spoiled, when in all reality, this has been a massive dump of new material to the likes of which we've never seen

No, we need the disc to leak ASAP in case something happens or someone has a change of heart and we never hear it.

That's my main concern. That if there's nothing today, then we never hear this.

I am really curious why this was the disc saved for last, when disc 4 had Elvis, Thyme and probably Ides (Circus).

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

That's my main concern. That if there's nothing today, then we never hear this.

I am really curious why this was the disc saved for last, when disc 4 had Elvis, Thyme and probably Ides (Circus).

The silence is ... concerning ....

Board footer