You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Who leaked these songs and why?

zombux wrote:
Chef Boyardee wrote:

Sometimes you just need to enjoy a good bowl of soup for what it is and stop dwelling on how it got there.

+1.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Will wrote:

If GNR were behind the "Zutaut locker" story I dont understand why an izzy tape would be in the same locker. Thats the one thing which makes me think the locker story is real.

What Izzy tapes?? That's the first time I'm hearing of this. I'm assuming they haven't leaked yet? What's on 'em? the lost solo record with Slash & Duff, JuJuHounds2?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

who is the chairman? will rough mix 2 leak soon?

Been wondering the same  thing - have I missed some in joke?

Lots of cryptic riddles in the gnr world I guess

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
Vale wrote:
Will wrote:

If GNR were behind the "Zutaut locker" story I dont understand why an izzy tape would be in the same locker. Thats the one thing which makes me think the locker story is real.

What Izzy tapes?? That's the first time I'm hearing of this. I'm assuming they haven't leaked yet? What's on 'em? the lost solo record with Slash & Duff, JuJuHounds2?

What lost album?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Back in the very early 2000s (before The Project and the VR sessions) Izzy recorded a solo album with Duff and Slash that has never seen the light of day.

Slash said that he wrote and recorded a total of five songs with Stradlin in November around the holidays, but the songs still require about a day's worth of "fixing," as well as background vocals. Meanwhile, McKagan said that he's laid down the bass tracks for an album's worth of songs in two different sessions in November and December at a studio in Los Angeles.

"Me and Slash are just the session guys, man," McKagan said, laughing. "I just went in and did bass tracks for the first three songs in an hour and kept at it."

Izzy then went on and released 'On Down The Road' instead. Also a couple of years before 'Fire' there was talk of an acoustic album that never surfaced and I think at some point there even was talk of a Rarities collection.

Izzy from a Q&A with the Izzy fan board back in the day:

6. Is there any chance that some unreleased projects (acoustic album, Slash/Duff album etc.) will see the daylight some day?

yes,i have a few ideas.....06/07 release of some cool stuff possible.

10. How did you find out about the "Like A Dog" petition on the internet?

e-mail from somewhere?.............i`m thinking of releasing entire catalog of solo materials,1993-2006,plus out takes and some bonus material.looking for a cool label to make this happen

unfortunately none of that has ever materialized

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

It is really good soup.

I wonder what Sunday's soup of the day will be?

Sunday brunch to go with football?

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Weekends are the sweet spot. And it seems the Chairman especially enjoys a tasty dinner.

AtariLegend wrote:

The person in question claimed, within 8 days. So I guess they're saying no Rough Mixes 2 tonight.

So it goes on.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

My guess, is the locker story is real. However whoever organized it & pooled the monies together, probably 'kept' some things to themselves. Selling the others a bit short. In time word probably got out that the originator had more stuff, yet claimed they traded for it elsewhere. Things fall apart, the center cannot hold. Someone who pooled in got upset, and leaked it out of spite.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The person in question claimed, within 8 days. So I guess they're saying no Rough Mixes 2 tonight.

So it goes on.

I don’t like it.

The wait I can handle. It’s the sudden reason it’s being held up that makes the
mind wander ....

Board footer