You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

Tommie wrote:

I picked mine up last night.  Got off work about 11:15, figured I'd stop down at the mall just to see how many people were there.  When I walked in there was like five people in line.  So I figured why not, atleast I wouldnt have to go out today and get it.  By midnight there was a good 50 or so there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Give us a quick review of how it is so far.

I'd buy it, but I don't play video games enough anymore to warrant the 60 bucks a pop it takes to buy each video game.

I usually just rent the few games I have a big interest in(cant wait to play Mercenaries 2).

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

Its really good so far.  Super detailed.  Almost to the point of being overwhelming.  There is so much stuff you can do, I'm positive I'm missing alot.  The new driving system takes a little getting used to, but it definitely feels more real.  Its a really really good game, but I sorta miss the arcadeness of the last games.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks Tommie, they are talking about this thing all over the news and how it is the best game ever.  I'm like James, I'll buy an occasional game but don't play alot to throw down 60 bucks without good cause.  This one may get me to lube the old wallet and pry out 60 yet however!

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I'm loving this game.  I was originally hesitant to say this, but now I feel I can honestly say it was well worth $60.  To put in perspective how lively this game is, you may remember the pedestrians from previous games.  They were sort of zombie like.  Now they are so much more believable, hell this evening I was driving around in the car, and I drove by a character who was DOING LAWN WORK.  It was city worker on the side of the road with a rake!  It blew my mind.  On top of all that, for the first time in any GTA, the graphics are NOT the weak link.  The game is simply beautiful.

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I love the fucking Daily Show, they just incorporated GTA into their broadcast twice.  It was hilarious both times.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

san andreas took me 2 years to complete...if i ever buy this it'll prolly take me 10 years 16

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

I bought my copy yesterday. It's okay so far. I'm not blown away by anything yet and hope it will get better as the game moves on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer