You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

wasted wrote:

Seems like with the 4 discs there’s definitely a double cd set if not triple cd set. You might have to space out the disc 1 or 2 songs across it and the fast paced Bucket jams could be like Perfect Crime or Garden of Eden.

CD is like a triple album of singles. Bucket may have scared the recomp away or maybe they did finish it off.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

James wrote:

A trilogy is really pushing it.

Definitely a double album though.

Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Oklahoma/Berlin
The General
Soul Monster
Circus Maximus/Ides
D Tune
PRL/Thyme
Silkworms

While I do like some other instrumentals here, it's thinning out, they start getting redundant and in some cases, clearly aren't meant to be real songs.

I do believe Tommy's 22 songs statement but even he said they had a lot of unfinished material, some of it not worthy of being finished.

He made that statement in 2011 I think yet that opinion can be seen in these sessions already.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

James wrote:

Another thing....

I'm surprised this disc was chosen as the Village sessions finale.

I mean...yeah....Sorry was worth the price of admission alone...but discs 3 and 4 had more mythical song titles.

Interesting choice.

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

wasted wrote:
James wrote:

A trilogy is really pushing it.

Definitely a double album though.

Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Oklahoma/Berlin
The General
Soul Monster
Circus Maximus/Ides
D Tune
PRL/Thyme
Silkworms

While I do like some other instrumentals here, it's thinning out, they start getting redundant and in some cases, clearly aren't meant to be real songs.

I do believe Tommy's 22 songs statement but even he said they had a lot of unfinished material, some of it not worthy of being finished.

He made that statement in 2011 I think yet that opinion can be seen in these sessions already.

I“m going with Quick Song, Mustache and Tonto as real tracks. As it Began and Zodiac as real tracks. Dummy worked up a little. Nothing is a single in 2002. Not unlike UYI, 4 solid tracks to open a cd then Jam out. But finish with an epic. Still not entirely sure it’s a trilogy but if D1 is CD...you have shit left over. It’s based around Chi dem/The Blues as singles. Then Better and TIL, then Shacklers and ITW. Scraped and Sorry is CD IV. Then drop the Bucket to fill the gaps. Bucket is in the band, you can make these sonic landscape albums. 10 tracks each. You don’t have go full mega event album like CD. In a way dissembling CD with these leaks really should help the records cause.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

James wrote:

I had completely forgot Quick Song and Zodiac.

Those are A list for sure.

Dummy is like 3 song ideas crammed into one.

Must have been a sale on chicken that day.

As It Began definite potential and I agree it's probably one of the 22 songs under a different name.

I don't know what some of you guys see in Nothing.

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

wasted wrote:
James wrote:

I had completely forgot Quick Song and Zodiac.

Those are A list for sure.

Dummy is like 3 song ideas crammed into one.

Must have been a sale on chicken that day.

As It Began definite potential and I agree it's probably one of the 22 songs under a different name.

I don't know what some of you guys see in Nothing.

Blur single from Think Tank. Kind of like a bombed Beck track. It’s mid 2004 and it’s time for Axl’s Zooropa. Nothing is a post Brit pop Bowie track. On The Way to the Club- Blur.

I’ve been listening to Narcos vol 1 and 2 so drop an instrumental then a single and then get a Mexican temptress to sing one. 

You basically have most of the real vocal tracks, Eye on You is a good one. IRS track 10.
But Axl really pandered to stadium rock tracks they could play live and were all drama. That was his job.

But a Stadium Arcadium with Bucket might have been cool.

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

wasted wrote:

Is the The Rebel fake?

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

Is the The Rebel fake?

Not as far as we know.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

Olorin wrote:

Cant believe we have all this stuff now, still cant digest it all theres so much. Me and my Elvis and Circus Maximus are my favourites so far.

I wonder what the acoustic song Axl mentioned in the chats is, from a later era of recording maybe?

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted wrote:

Is the The Rebel fake?

Not as far as we know.

So that’s another track for the trilogy.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB