You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

Re: Official (unreleased) Mr Brownstone video

axlgod wrote:

Don’t know if any of you peeps have seen this?

Filmed at The Pantages Theater on Hollywood Blvd in 1991. Directed by Mark Racco who did the You Could Be Mine video from Terminater 2.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Any reasoning as to why that specific song would be chosen at the very moment UYI is launching?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

Mark Racco did 3 videos back then - Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, and performance version of You Could Be Mine (that means there are two versions of YCBM video - the performance version was first and then they made the second one for the T2 movie alternating performance footage with movie footage).
as for Mr.B and MM specifically chosen - maybe it was just because UYI weren't quite ready to go yet, so they went back in their catalog before they felt that the UYI material is finished. note that UYI vids were made quite with delays and sometime it took years until a vid was made - for example Estranged music vid was only released in December 93.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

It is interesting, as they've kept releasing UYI singles well after TSI came out.

zombux

zombux wrote:

yea but again you have to consider TSI part of UYI era - like half of the song were recorded during UYI sessions. it was more like UYI leftover album with some additional songs recorded during the tour. not really a separate album. so releasing UYI singles after TSI was in fact nothing odd.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

An official video for "I Don't Care About You" leaked also and I never saw it. sad

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

me neither. There was little talk about it, I thought it was a hoax?!

zombux

zombux wrote:

nope, the guy who made the vid shared it on his vimeo - so technically it wasn't leak, but a semi-official release. the vid was there for some time unnoticed, then some GNR fans noticed, it got attention of the takedown trolls, and you know how the story ended up.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

All of these videos were interesting to see after all these years. TBH they were just live performance videos. Mostly in black and white. Similar to Dead Horse. Nothing special but nice to watch.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

where can i find this?

Board footer