You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 1, Elimination Series Round 8

Sky Dog wrote:

The fucking thing has vocals....take what scraps we can get

Vote off your least favorite track

Atlas Shrugged 29%
Perhaps 17%
Chinese Democracy 54%
Total votes: 24
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The fucking thing has vocals....take what scraps we can get

tongue

When you put it like that....

That also reinforces my point though. Its a track far enough along to have been on the 2000 Intentions album.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to abandon it. Can't be because May is on it as they had no issue removing him from songs and it can't be because it's reminiscent of a UYI gem because it's not the only song that is.

Sky Dog wrote:

Who knows what anybody was thinking at that point. You have so much raw material and probably a dozen decision makers with very different agendas....mess.

AtariLegend wrote:

We're doing rm4 or rm3 after this series to see if people listened to those tracks more than once or twice.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

We're doing rm4 or rm3 after this series to see if people listened to those tracks more than once or twice.

Elvis and Oklahoma, calling it now.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Recency bias is definitely in play with Perhaps but Atlas is fucking legit.

Absolutely.

Listening to Perhaps right now and....it needs work... especially that chorus. It's like he had to squeeze it in there too tightly.

It does have major potential. Interesting if it really was dropped down to the B list.

I'm wondering if it got a title change later on and it's one of the songs that was in play for Chinese and PRL

I mean no offense to the band but they were in no position to be tossing tracks like this into the scrap heap while songs like Silkworms and Scraped stayed in contention.

It (Perhaps) is like 2/3 or 1/2 a good song.  I think it needs another verse or more guitar work or something to make it truly great.

Shacklers is pretty much a lower tier song that somehow made it over Atlas and Perhaps.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Chi dem here is stil a great song but the version is not full potential outta your...er so I have to pick Atlas, although Perhaps is powerful. I’m not picking Atlas it’s the greatest GNR song of all time. How  Chi dem is here needs investigation.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Damn that was close. So out of the rough mixes of CD 1 the two unreleased songs rule. Overall CD II looks like a classic.

AtariLegend wrote:

Voting closed.

Chinese Democracy is gone.

Board footer