You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

Flagg...

Did you ever meet him during your tours in Iraq?

No.  I met Mullen (he was a huge dick), but I was in Iraq from 08-09, and I don't think Mattis was even in country.  And I was a First Lieutenant, so someone at his level interacting with me would have been pretty rare.

"Flagg, hurry up & clean those latrines in the VIP.  General Mattis is due to arrive soon."

/totally kidding.  22

Dude, VIP had plumbing. Hell, I had plumbing. And the Iraqis still chose to wipe their ass with their hand and not use toilet paper.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything about politics is embarrassing right now.  Why are we picking and choosing what offends us instead of being offended by all of it?

I find your willful ignorance of our constitutional crisis/traitor president to be embarrassing and offensive. You should stick to what you're best at: Yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

I find your equal ignorance of the last administration embarrassing and offensive not to mention how you act here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"I’m not just an overrated general. I’m the most overrated general," Mattis says. "I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress. So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me."

misterID

misterID wrote:

Mattis: "I earned my spurs on the battlefield and Donald Trump earned his from a doctor's note." 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

Mattis: “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

U.S. envoy says he was told release of Ukraine aid was contingent on public declaration to investigate Bidens, 2016 election

The senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine told lawmakers Tuesday that President Trump made the release of military aid contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, contradicting Trump’s denial that he used the money as leverage for political gain.

The explosive, closed-door testimony from acting ambassador William B. Taylor Jr. undermined the repeated statements of the president and the depositions of other administration officials, with the potential to reset the House impeachment probe of Trump.

Taylor, a seasoned diplomat, Army veteran and meticulous note taker, provided an expansive description of a series of events at the heart of an investigation that poses the most serious threat to the Trump presidency. One Democrat described the testimony as “damning.”

In a 15-page opening statement, obtained by The Washington Post, Taylor stood by his characterization that it was “crazy” to make the assistance contingent on investigations he found troubling.

He described how officials from the Pentagon, State Department, CIA and former National Security Adviser John Bolton tried unsuccessfully to get a meeting with Trump to release the aid. He testified that Ukrainian officials were blindsided by the White House’s decision to release a rough transcript of Trump’s July 25 call with President Volodymyr Zelensky in which the president asked for a favor with “virtually no notice of the release and they were livid.”

Upon arriving in Kyiv last spring Taylor became alarmed by secondary diplomatic channels involving U.S. officials that he called “weird,” he said.

Taylor walked lawmakers through a series of conversations he had with other U.S. diplomats who were trying to obtain what one had called the “deliverable” of Ukrainian help investigating Trump’s political rivals.

“In August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular informal channel of U.S. policy-making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons,” Taylor said.

Taylor’s testimony filled in some blanks about the activities of U.S. officials who appear to have sought Ukrainian help at the behest of Trump and his personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani.

At issue is whether the White House conditioned military aid and a meeting between the two presidents on Zelensky’s cooperation, and whether that constitutes an abuse of Trump’s office.

More:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos … story.html

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

One damning testimony after another. No wonder Trump is on Twitter gaslighting today.

It's over. Even though Trump, his attorney and Chief of Staff already admitted it, this is just one more testimony to secure his impeachment.

I guess the maga cult can wait for their dear leader to tell them not to be deceived by their own eyes. Nope, it's a big nothing burger again, crazy liberals.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1186720837220655104

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Will anyone wait for something to actually happen before declaring the 700th end for Trump?

I've never seen so many people hellbent on a President Pence before...be careful what you guys wish for.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, Hey check out this old post I found from '74

buzzsaw wrote:

Will anyone wait for something to actually happen before declaring the 700th end for Nixon?

I've never seen so many people hellbent on a President Ford before...be careful what you guys wish for.

If Trump resigns, Thanksgiving weekend gonna be the weekend to do it. That or Christmas week, claim he achieved all he set out to do, fixed the economy, saved America from The Obama's, then pardon everybody & resign.

I highly, highly doubt at this point he can make it thru this.

Board footer