You are not logged in. Please register or login.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

Re: Beta Mentions the Copy Right Takedowns via Instragram

atlashrugs wrote:

i think Axl should #FIRE Beta and Fernando and hire American Music Management Teams

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I believe Beta. We all know who's doing it and it's not the band.

The person doing it though, supposedly is doing it FOR the band, and band or management hasn’t done anything to stop them. So Beta can play dumb if she wants, but she’s just as guilty by doing nothing.

And this person has helped remove hundreds of videos that mostly aren’t copyrighted material, and it’s fucked, because all this fantastic fan footage from over the years has all but disappeared.

Only in the land of GN’R does this shit happen...

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Beta will have an opinion at best. Interscope have been quite hot on taking videos of YouTube for a while. They even took a Maroon 5 video off their official youtube site a few years back.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150 … laim.shtml

For GN'R to take back control, they would need to leave the label

There's a fraudulent take-down as far back as 2011

https://www.themarysue.com/weaponized-dmca-notices/

I suppose if the GN'R tour is the third largest of all time, it makes sense from the record labels perspective to take down all videos if a future DVD is coming out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

The person doing it though, supposedly is doing it FOR the band, and band or management hasn’t done anything to stop them. So Beta can play dumb if she wants, but she’s just as guilty by doing nothing.

And this person has helped remove hundreds of videos that mostly aren’t copyrighted material, and it’s fucked, because all this fantastic fan footage from over the years has all but disappeared.

From what I understand, they've taken things upon themselves to do shit. He had Soundgarden vids taken down, so I doubt that was at Axl's command. If you have had any interaction with them you know how completely irrational they are.

The username, fwiw, I don't doubt it's been used by more than one person as I've seen drastic changes in personality. At one point, I thought Axl used it on this site.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I’m not saying Axl is responsible. But inaction from GN’R and management, makes it seem like they don’t care or want to care about stopping this individual that is doing all this.

And ultimately, it’s us fans that lose out, because like I said, hundreds of great GN’R videos have all but disappeared.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

True, there was a really great TWAT fan vid that's vanished, but I doubt they give a shit.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m not saying Axl is responsible. But inaction from GN’R and management, makes it seem like they don’t care or want to care about stopping this individual that is doing all this.

And ultimately, it’s us fans that lose out, because like I said, hundreds of great GN’R videos have all but disappeared.

The unknown is how much power Axl has on his own. The making of CD has shown us that the record company holds a lot of power and can be awkward when they want to be.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

From what I understand, they've taken things upon themselves to do shit. He had Soundgarden vids taken down, so I doubt that was at Axl's command. If you have had any interaction with them you know how completely irrational they are.

The username, fwiw, I don't doubt it's been used by more than one person as I've seen drastic changes in personality. At one point, I thought Axl used it on this site.

If this individual's really acting on their own accord to take things down and pretending that they represent the band in doing so, then GN'R ought to go after them in court. False representation, damaging the reputation of GN'R, etc etc.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

If this individual's really acting on their own accord to take things down and pretending that they represent the band in doing so, then GN'R ought to go after them in court. False representation, damaging the reputation of GN'R, etc etc.

It affects a few hundred online fans at best, I doubt most people in the wider world are really that bothered.

The band would then go into the newspapers as a band suing a fan claiming to be protecting the band. It'll just create more negativity on all levels. There's no winning this one as far as I can see..

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
misterID wrote:

It affects a few hundred online fans at best, I doubt most people in the wider world are really that bothered.

The band would then go into the newspapers as a band suing a fan claiming to be protecting the band. It'll just create more negativity on all levels. There's no winning this one as far as I can see..

A few hundred fans?
This is the same band that had their video pass a billion views recently on YouTube.

I think you underestimate how many people it effects. You can’t find hardly anything of the band on YouTube of GN’R, and that affects more than a few hundred people.

Beta went on further recently to defend these clowns doing the takedowns, so that just implies to me that they are actually working with the band to do this.

Board footer