You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 4, Final Round

AtariLegend wrote:

So it comes down to Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul vs. Ides of March... possibly.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 4 only, not any other demo.

Voting closes in 3 days. 19:00 GMT.

Vote off your least favourite track

Me & My Elvis 23%
Circus Maximus 77%
Total votes: 22

AtariLegend wrote:

I think these are both great, even as instrumentals you can really see these turning into what the fan base used to refer to as "the big guns". If Circus is Ides, then it dates back further than the Beavan sessions. Elvis given the mix date at the very least dates back to Summer 99. Perhaps even further.

Elvis got the Beltrami treatment. It was supposed to be Axl's favorite track. We know it was finished, so are the other tracks being leaked instead the only reason we never heard this? I'm not sure I want Slash and co to re-record it, but it might be the only way we ever hear it with vocals.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't really want rerecording the monster tracks in these sessions like Soul Monster, Oklahoma, Quick Song, etc. but unfortunately as you mentioned, we may never hear them until after he dies.

I do know one thing....

For finished songs with vocals, I want ALL the music stripped off the tracks and have the current lineup build songs around his vocals.

If they just add to existing tracks, it'll be a wall of noise just like the album was.

Removing bucket from Soul Monster is verging on sacrilege.

I voted Circus. I missed the last round. I was expecting D Tune to make it to the finals against Soul Monster.

Kinglaoi
 Rep: 0 

Kinglaoi wrote:

Circus is overall good, but fkn great from about two and a half minutes in.
Elvis is fkn great start to finish!

AtariLegend wrote:

Anyone still think it's sureal, we finally got here these tracks... even if they're just instrumentals after all these years? We litterally spent a decade and half talking about some of these tracks.

I can't get over how once we did, we got more people asking for PMs of Elvis, than talk of it.

James wrote:

It's litterally the 10th mix of the track and just a few months after he met Axl. I really think the timeline's too close. Especially with Finck being mia since August 99.

Sky Dog wrote:

Circus

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

If D tune stayed in it might have been more difficult, so Circus loses out to Soul Monster.

wasted

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Anyone still think it's sureal, we finally got here these tracks... even if they're just instrumentals after all these years? We litterally spent a decade and half talking about some of these tracks.

I can't get over how once we did, we got more people asking for PMs of Elvis, than talk of it.

James wrote:

It's litterally the 10th mix of the track and just a few months after he met Axl. I really think the timeline's too close. Especially with Finck being mia since August 99.

It is unrealistic to think we have this stuff but also that they are pretty much like what we thought. Axl epics, rockers and Bucket jams. Even soundtracky tracks. The balance is all there. Even through in going down for the Connection Izzy track. All the scope is there you would expect. With SlashandDuff adding more to it and maybe putting down definitive tracks seems like there’s an album.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Going with Circus.

wasted

wasted wrote:

Circus is much less realized than Elvis at this point. Circus is interesting though, would be very cool live. If had lyrics, vocals and ever becomes a song.

Board footer