You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:
zombux wrote:
wasted wrote:

Do we have the Beavan album? Stuff with just Finck and Tobias, pre Bucket?

If IRS etc is from 2000 intentions then that might explain no instrumental versions. Bucket came in a re-recorded and added some new tracks to it, but the vocals were from Beavan.

yes, sort of we do have big part of that! count with me:

Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S.
There Was A Time
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
State of Grace
Prostitute
The Blues
Madagascar
Chinese Democracy
Rhiad & The Bedouins
Silkworms
likely also Nothing
likely also Hardschool
maybe also Eye on You

+ instrumentals:
Oklahoma
Quick Song
Zodiac
D-Tune
Curly Shuffle
maybe also Mustache
maybe also P.R.L.
maybe also Thyme

I thought these were the Zutaut/ RTB tapes?

Anything Bucket did was with RTB? I think the first list is D1 is labeled 00. But is that the 99 album without Bucket? Those instrumentals I would say are Bucket RTB stuff. Not 2000 Intentions.

Maybe D1 is 2000 intentions?

As I understand it there was a Beavan record in 1999 that the recomp didn’t like because as Tommy said the sounds were too raw, Iovine then offered Axl 10 mil more to record with RTB and Bucket/Brain. Was Zutaut always involved? I had this idea he came in with RTB after 2000 Intentions.

To me Nothing seems like something like Dummy from the RTB era that Axl threw a vocal on and I think I read Bucket re-recorded Oklahoma. Zodiac and Quick are pure Bucket/Brain so that is RTB.

I may have everything wrong.

D1 - Beavan 2000 Intentions
D2-4 - RTB Bucket

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Two things to add, there is a show in Mexico being mentioned, a festival appearance 20/21 March

And Slash tweeted that yesterday was the final date on the NITL tour

AtariLegend wrote:

Curious what the next tour will be called. There isn't much point in changing the name if there isn't a new album or gimmick.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Anything from the RM1-4 discs that has a March date AND doesn't have Bucket on it (which is possibly hard to know) is the closest we've got to the Beavan album. By looks of it we've never had any mix that predates 2000.

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe it is Axl’s turn to release and tour a solo album. He obviously has plenty of music to choose from and a lot of former employees to put a band together with. axltongue

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe it is Axl’s turn to release and tour a solo album. He obviously has plenty of music to choose from and a lot of former employees to put a band together with. axltongue

Imagine if he took a break from Guns to tour AXL solo with a Chi Dem lineup cool

wasted

wasted wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Imagine if he took a break from Guns to tour AXL solo with a Chi Dem lineup cool

Isn’t the problem that the rec comp own the CD era material? Maybe that’s not how it works. Does Axl own the music but he owed the rec comp a record. Could he have put out CD songs as Axl’s Boyz or whatever?

wasted

wasted wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Anything from the RM1-4 discs that has a March date AND doesn't have Bucket on it (which is possibly hard to know) is the closest we've got to the Beavan album. By looks of it we've never had any mix that predates 2000.

I think so. As soon as Bucket shows up it’s RTB.

The guitarists for Beavan were Finck and Tobias?

Tommy thought the Beavan album was good to go! And 80% of CD vocals were recorded by Beavan.

Bring Back Beavan.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Ooh, I'd really like that. I've always thought the problem with ChiDem's reception was never the music, it was just the public's perception. Instead of this being Axl Rose's adventurous new post-GNR band, it was seen as merely a bunch of hired guns that could never replace the originals. But if Axl keeps Duff & Slash in GNR, meanwhile reuniting with Stinson, Bucket and Finck in a solo band, then they could finish CD 2 & 3 without it being unfairly judged against Appetite & Illusions.

Board footer