You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: US Politics Thread

wasted wrote:

It’s strange that the anti war votes are more on the right now and the left completely ignores it. The thinking might be Gabbard gets Democrat votes but could also take some of the Trump anti war votes. If she could offer rust belt jobs or Yang money maybe that could work. I don’t think trump could bully Gabbard on the campaign trail. It would be a bad look. But Clinton is calling her a Russian asset already. So you can see the wars are very important to them. I can see Hillary rising from the dead for a rematch if the impeachment fails. So far though they only have Trump aides talking, hinting at what would be a given anyway. So this is all just fuel for a Trump victory.

But maybe the real point is this is all a distraction from anyone doing something for the American people. Same with Brexit. All this wasted time and energy with these power brokers bitching about each other.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A Democrat won Kentucky, a day after trump gave a campaign rally. Yeah, real scared now.

Only thing to be scared of is if our next President is Pelosi or Warren. Oh, VP Pence's aide said they're willing to testify.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don't make the Doug Jones mistake in thinking it suddenly turned Democrat. That governor was HATED. The very reason every other Kentucky office went Republican. It's not to say it's impossible for a Democrat to win the south, but they're Blue Dogs, not leftists.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Eric Holder rumors. Isn’t he Flagg’s guy?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Wasn't my guy, I just felt (feel) he was the strongest candidate to run for the Dem ticket, as none of these candidates excite the black vote.  I still don't think he'll run.  I have no idea what Bloomberg entering will do to the race.  If he runs to the right of Biden, I don't know how he wins the primary.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Wasn't my guy, I just felt (feel) he was the strongest candidate to run for the Dem ticket, as none of these candidates excite the black vote.  I still don't think he'll run.  I have no idea what Bloomberg entering will do to the race.  If he runs to the right of Biden, I don't know how he wins the primary.

Yeah, I wasn't remembering clearly.

It's hard to say how either one can catch on at this stage, but I guess we'll see. Bloomberg is a real head-scratcher to me. He considered running months ago and should have done it then if he wanted.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't remembering clearly.

It's hard to say how either one can catch on at this stage, but I guess we'll see. Bloomberg is a real head-scratcher to me. He considered running months ago and should have done it then if he wanted.

I've been reading a lot of articles on the topic today, but I agree it's too late.  He wants to run cause he's worried Biden will fall and Sanders or Warren get the nomination, handing the election to Trump.  But at best he'd split the vote with Biden, making him the spoiler that assures Warren wins and Trump gets 4 more years.  It just baffles me how many people in the spotlight refuse to acknowledge big city politics don't win national elections.  What works in NYC or SF won't work in the rust belt or even PA and MI/WI.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, either get in early or wait to run as a 3rd party. Maybe he did think Biden would dominate, prolly regrets not going in earlier.

Even if he doesnt run, suggesting Holder might was a pretty original thought. Your first one after 13 years on the board lol

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

Bloomberg is like a super Jew he’s not going to win the rust belt is he?

Why Trump was even bringing heat on Biden is anyone’s guess. Biden is smelling Kids on tv. He’s not winning shit.

What happening is Trump gets impeached and Clinton runs...and loses to James Woods. Nah bring back Mrs Epstein.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Amy K doesn't win i just don't know who I could vote for. They say not voting is a vote for Trump, but he's a moron. Warren, Bernie, Pete are complete phonies who I vehemently disagree with on almost everything. I could vote for Biden but I don't think he'll make it.

I really, really can't stand Warren.

Board footer