You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Black Crowes reunite

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Can't wait to see the interest in this. Like wasted said, they're not really as big as they think they are.

I don't know... maybe I'm underestimating how many people want to take a selfie while Hard to Handle plays in the background....

Eh, they’re doing the amphitheater circuit. It’s not like The Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour when they booked major market arenas, only to rope off upper levels. Anybody (relatively) can do the amphitheaters.

Yeah. Tbh i think alot of these shows are well attended by just people with disposable incomes who like to go to shows, not really hardcore fans.

Hootie toured last year, Better Than Ezra, Jack Johnson, Zac Brown, John Mellencamp etc. Not saying they're all bad, just they tour periodically & its financially feasible.

That's something in my life Iook back on, I wish I went to more shows.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wish I went to more shows.

You and me both.

By the time I started going to more shows in my 30s(MIA several times, Bucket, Soundgarden) my ears were shot and I had to wind things down. Decided to save what was left of my hearing on the GNR reunion.

Metallica announced festival dates for 2020 and each festival will get a unique setlist.

Sacramento is one of them and I'm considering going.

Other than that, MAYBE Pearl Jam or something like the Crowes if it was cheap, I can't even imagine bothering in today's world, even with perfect hearing. Concerts ain't what they used to be.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I don’t know, the last show I went to was the The Stones and I’m sure the show was great but all the commercial stuff and iPhones just made it have no atmosphere. I guess it didn’t help I queued in the rain for an hour and they were sold out of beer and missed the last train home. It’s so much easier to go to corner and put money in the jukebox and do shots then go home and watch Altamount Speedway on dvd.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I went to alot of concerts in my younger days...its too expensive anymore tho...and i wanna be close to the stage but its a young mans game up there...lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Some rumors that this tour is about to be cancelled.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’ve been listening to Chris Robinson Brothers “Big Moon Ritual”, kind of prefer it to the Crowes, it’s just slower and more psychedelic. In a way though corny Dead rip off. But still kind of chillaxing spiritual, did Chris find god? I always find god when I go for a medical. Sippin’ Heineken hoping for the best. I sort of wish Axl could have hooked up with some music guys to make a Floyd type album. But I guess Sorry and Catcher are as close as we get.

Board footer